Geist from FXpansion is a virtual sampling drum machine designed to create custom beats and grooves. The software allows you to sample, slice, sequence, mix, arrange, effect and resample, freeing you from the constraints of pre-packaged loops and over-complicated digital audio workstations. A pattern sequencer includes step-automation for parameters, real-time recording and retro capture.
Geist lets you cut up loops and breaks and send them to pads with a single click. It can also resample its output or sample external input, record multiple takes and exact loops, sending them to the slicer with a few clicks. An integrated song mode lets you build complex, evolving pattern arrangements. The built-in browser is fast allowing you to set up favorites, save searches, and compare files from different folders in shortlists.
The software runs as a plug-in and as a standalone application, perfect for laptop beat making. Export creations as audio clips or load sessions back into the plug-in to resample, re-slice, remix, rearrange and transform your beats even further. With full MIDI, Geist is a complete rhythm production environment.
- Sampling and resampling virtual drum machine
- Features Dirac3 time-stretch/pitch-shift
- Powerful full-featured slicing and detection/classification
- 30 effect types including DCAM circuit-modeled filters/dynamics/drive and Overloud Breverb algorithms
- Pattern sequencing
- Scene switching
- Integrated song mode
- Real-time record and retro capture
- Step-automation for parameters
- Intuitive and powerful browser
- Full MIDI and audio export
- Exclusive sounds and presets from Goldbaby, Groove Criminals, Armin Van Buuren, D. Ramirez, Dom Kane, KJ Sawka, portion control and more