Featuring a 30mm one-piece tube, constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum, the Viper HS 4-16x44 LR Riflescope from Vortex delivers top-tier performance for precision long-range shooters.
The Viper HS is configured with a high-performance optical system. XD lens elements have been employed to ensure maximum resolution and contrast. The entire optical path is fully multicoated with Vortex's anti-reflective XR coatings for optimum light transmission. A new optical system highlighted with a 4x zoom range provides magnification versatility. The user-friendly eye box with increased eye relief puts shooters on target quickly and easily. The Viper HS delivers increased windage and elevation for optimal adjustment. Finally, the external lens surfaces have been treated with ArmorTek - an ultra-hard scratch-resistant coating that repels water, oil, and salts.
The tube's exterior is hard-coat anodized, o-ring sealed and purged with argon gas to ensure a fog-resistant, water-tight seal. The Viper HS 4-16x44 LR (LR for Long Range) features an exposed tall elevation turret with Vortex's CRS (Customizable Rotational Stop) zero stop. Combine that with 75 MOA of elevation adjustment (24 MOA per revolution) and you get a riflescope perfect for precision long-range shots.
- Optical Performance
- XD lens elements: extra-low dispersion glass for maximum resolution, color, and contrast
- XR lens coating: Vortex proprietary XR fully multi-coated lens coatings increase light transmission for maximum brightness
- ArmorTek Coating: ultra-hard scratch resistant coating applied to the exterior lens surfaces repels oils, salts and dirt and provides abrasion protection
- Dead-Hold BDC Reticle: customized hash mark design helps eliminate guesswork on hold-over and windage corrections where estimating hold-over is a concern
- Construction Details
- One-piece 30 mm main-tube for greater strength and wider adjustment latitude
- Lenses are locked in place with machined locking rings to remain in perfect alignment and withstand recoil and impact
- Aluminum construction from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum delivers increased strength and rigidity
- Hard-coat anodization is durable and the low-glare matte helps camouflage the shooter's position
- Waterproofed and fogproofed with o-ring seals and argon purged
- Use and Handling
- Tall open-type elevation turret with 1/2 MOA clicks and 24 MOA per turn allows rapid, accurate dialing of hold over corrections when desired
- Fast focus eyepiece: quick and easy reticle focusing
- Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) prevents dialing more than one rotation below your zero so you don't lose the zero when dialing large amounts of elevation corrections
- MagView Bar: fiber optics magnification indicator with raised rear-facing magnification references for clear viewing in low light conditions
- Travel per Rotation: 24 MOA for elevation and 12 MOA for windage for quick turret changes