The Viper 15-45x65 Straight Spotting Scope from Vortex has proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings and XD extra-low dispersion glass for increased resolution and color fidelity. Fully multicoated on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, the light transmission is increased for greater brightness. The Porro prism construction offers excellent image quality and performance in a traditional design. Meeting challenging conditions with confidence is accomplished by the argon gas purging which ensures fogproof and waterproof performance of this all-weather scope. The waterproof optics are sealed with o-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope. ArmorTek ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt. Complete with a zoom eyepiece, built-in sunshade, rotating tripod mount, and case, this is a spotting scope to own.
The versatile magnification of the Viper spotting scope allows viewing at a wide field-of-view at lower power, then zooming in on distant details. The magnification of the spotting scope is changed by simply turning the magnification adjustment ring. An angled body design allows an overall lower mounting height which maximizes stability in windy conditions, offers greater comfort when glassing for extended periods, and permits the use of a smaller, lighter tripod. A twist up and down eyecup provides comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses so that the full field of view can be observed. Twist the eyecup down when viewing with eyeglasses or sunglasses and twist up when viewing without glasses.
The dual focus feature allows for maximum focusing precision with both coarse and fine focus adjustments. After setting the magnification, you can adjust the fine focus. This does more than allow you to see critical details, it also ensures fatigue-free viewing. When you change the magnification, some refocusing is usually required. The coarse and fine adjustments is handled with just the tip of a finger: slowly turn the coarse focus dial until the subject is nearly in focus and then turn the fine focus dial to pick out the details.
The sunshade reduces glare and shields the objective lens from rain and snow. Extend this fitted shade to effectively block out disturbing stray light. The tripod foot attaches to any tripod or car window mount that uses 1/4-20 screw threads. There is a rotating tripod ring that allows rotation of the eyepiece to a sideways position which is very useful for viewing through an angled spotting scope body on a car window mount. Simply secure the tripod mount foot on a quick-release plate or mounting plate of the tripod head. The tripod mounting collar of the Viper allows you to rotate the spotting scope body for greater viewing flexibility. Loosen the mounting collar by turning the thumbscrew to the left. Then rotate the spotting scope body to a comfortable viewing angle. Keep the scope body in your preferred viewing position by securing the mounting collar with a turn of the thumbscrew to the right.
A built-in Picatinny rail can be used to easily attach red dot type sights.
- XD extra-low dispersion glass delivers better resolution and color fidelity
- Proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings and full multicoatings on all air-to-glass lens surfaces increase light transmission for maximum brightness
- Straight body design allows easier target acquisition for some viewers
- Waterproof: sealed with O-rings to keep moisture, dust, and debris out
- Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance
- Porro prism construction offers image quality and performance in a traditional design
- Hard, scratch-resistant ArmorTek coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt
- Picatinny accessory rail for easy attachment of red dot type sights
- Dual focus control allows for precision with both coarse and fine focus adjustments
- Extendable sunshade reduces the glare and shields the objective lens from precipitation
- Twist eyecup adjust up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Rotating tripod mounting collar allows the eyepiece to rotate to off-center positions for greater viewing flexibility