Sports, dance and action photography are comprised of defining peak moments. It's definitely not the time to have detail lost in a blur. This Dynalite AP1600 1600W/s Arena Power Pack is powerful and versatile enough to handle a wide variety of on-the-run assignments with highly mobile or animated subjects.
The AP1600 has 3 head outlets and breaks down its output symmetrically or asymmetrically over a 6 stop range with super-short flash durations that top the performance of its predecessor, the AP2000. With a standard flash head such as the MH2015 the flash duration is 1/700 second and with the AH4000 a lightning-fast 1/3200 second. Dynalite has beefed up the AP1600's capacitors and profile and added a bit of weight to give you a super-fast recycle time of 1.2 seconds at full power. A variator knob allows fine tuned exposure adjustments over 2 stops in 2/10 stop increments. Triggering options include sync cord (provided) or optional plug in slave. If your work demands the AP1600, than you’re probably familiar with wireless triggering devices. The AP1600 is compatible with most optional radio systems such as the PocketWizard, which Dynalite has built into several power packs in their line.
Another option to consider is the AH4000 bi-tube flash head which, as indicated above, is the best way to squeeze the shortest flash durations and highest performance out of the AP1600 pack. Since the head is rated at 4000W/s you can add another AP1600 pack and attach one of the 2 head cables to each pack to “ping-pong” between them for a total of 3200W/s at 1.2 seconds. Alternately you can knock the power down to half on each pack for 1600W/s at a blistering recycling time of 0.6 seconds.
Although you may be tired at the end of a long shooting day, it won't be because of your equipment. Even with all of that power the AP1600 pack weighs in at 12 lb (5.4 kg) and measures 7.12 x 9.25 x 7.8" (18 x 23.5 x 19.8 cm). So whether you’re stopping action at the finish line, capturing a Grand Jeté or freezing that knock-out punch the AP1600 is the pack for you.
- Fast Flash Duration
- The AP1600 provides super-short flash durations of 1/700 second with the MH2015 and 1/3200 second with the AH4000.
- Power Efficient
- Designed with a strong power-efficient duty cycle, the AP1600 offers enormous power with fast recycling at a low draw.
- Power Control Switch
- Two full / half / quarter power switches to provide seven basic power settings. Arc proof.
- Combined / Ratio Output Switch
- One switch lets you toggle between Symmetrical and Asymmetrical routing of the "A" and "B" flash head outlet banks. LED indicates combined mode.
- All Channel Dimmer
- Two f/stop variator fine-tunes power settings on all heads simultaneously, in 2/10 stop increments. Used in conjunction with the Power Control Switches the pack has a full 6 f/stop range.
- Flash Head Outlets
- Three arc-protected outlets allow you to plug and unplug flash head cables without shutting down the power pack.
- Ready Light Test Switch
- This low profile button serves as a flash test switch and signals 100% flash readiness
- Audible Ready Indicator
- 100% recycle indicator with its own ON / OFF switch for applications that demand it.
- Sync Input Socket
- Choose standard mono plug sync cord or Optional plug in slave. ISO approved low voltage sync circuit.