The Bolt VM-110 LED Macro Ring Light is a compact LED ring light that is ideal for use when photographing close-up subject matter. It features a 48 LED array and has an effective working distance of 4.9' / 1.49m with a guide number of 15' / 4.57m (ISO 100). The continuous light source helps you easily see the effects of the lighting and also enables its use when recording video. Four clip-on diffusers are included to further adjust the quality of light from the ring light: clear, frosted, amber, and blue. The brightness can also be modified, from -1.5 EV to + 1.5EV, and you can set the light to illuminate from only the left or right side for added dimensionality when shooting. Additionally, to help conserve battery power, the light can be set to work in flash mode, which will turn on the light for approximately a half second each time the shutter is released.
The power unit features a 2" / 5.1cm backlit LCD monitor for displaying battery power and ring light settings. It attaches to your camera via an accessory shoe and requires 4x AA batteries. A stand is also included to hold the power unit on its own, or on a light stand or tripod via the integrated 1/4"-20 socket. For mounting the ring light to your lens, eight different adapter rings are included to fit a range of lens diameters: 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, and 77mm.
- LED ring light is universal in design and independent of any specific TTL system. It is compatible with most DSLR lenses and ideal for macro and close-up shooting applications.
- 48 LED array provides an effective working distance of 4.9' / 1.49m with a guide no. of 15' / 4.57m (ISO 100).
- Four clip-on diffusers are included: clear, frosted, amber, and blue.
Four light modes available:
- Light Mode will keep the light on continuously.
- Flash Mode will activate the light for approximately one half second at a time when the shutter is depressed; this will help conserve battery power.
- Left and Right Modes will set only the left or right half of the light to turn on in order to give more dimensionality to your subject matter.
- An automatic power-saving function will turn off the ring light after 30 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery power.
- 2" / 5.1cm backlit LCD provides visual display of battery life and light settings.
- Coiled power cord connects ring light to power unit; 10" / 25.4cm relaxed, 24" / 61cm stretched.
- Includes eight adapter rings to fit a range of lens diameters: 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, and 77mm.