The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 Inkjet Printer is a high resolution 5760 x 1440 dpi photo printer capable of handling both cut sheets and roll paper up to 13" wide. It features AccuPhoto HD2 image technology combines with an 8-channel MicroPiezo AMC print head to create these detailed images and works with a nine-color pigment-based UltraChrome K3 ink system with Vivid Magenta to produce prints with a wide color gamut. It also has Advanced Media Handling for printing on cut-sheet media 13 x 19" in size as well as discs and it can print borderless up to 13 x 19".
Another feature of the Stylus Photo R3000 is auto-switching black ink technology for going between Photo Black and Matte Black without needing to physically swap out cartridges or clean print heads. The printer is also capable of speeding up prints with technology designed to optimize the workflow. This allows you to produce an 8 x 10" print in 93 seconds.
Networking is possible through the inclusion of an Ethernet port and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity. This allows it to be shared by multiple computers in addition to being able to print from mobile devices. Additionally, it has a USB 2.0 port for basic connectivity.
- AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology
- The R3000 utilizes complex mathematical equations with an advanced screening technology in order to provide accurate ink droplet placement and color. It will automatically determine which ink combinations to use for each color in order to maximize the color gamut and provide smooth transitions and gradations. This technology ensures smooth, grain-free prints.
- 8-Channel MicroPiezo AMC Print Head with Ink-Repelling Coating
- Delivering a maximum resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi, the R3000's 1" wide print head will produce highly detailed images. Capable of producing variable-sized ink droplets as small as 2 picoliters, the printer will optimize settings for quality and speed. This works with Epson's Active Meniscus Control technology to control the curvature of each ink droplet within every nozzle. The head also has an ink-repelling coating to prevent build-up around the nozzles, reducing maintenance.
- PreciseColor Technology
- Epson maintains consistency throughout their printing equipment by following their own PreciseColor manufacturing standards. This calibration ensures that each printer produces prints that are almost indistinguishable from one another.
- Advanced Media Handling
- The Stylus Photo R3000 provides three different options for loading media, included a front media path that is front-in, front-out for consistent and reliable paper feeding. It can handle a variety of different media up to 51 mil thick, including discs. It can also use roll paper up to 13" long to produce prints up to 44" long. Additionally, the automatic document feeder will hold up to 30 sheets of 13 x 19" paper.
- UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- This printer features a nine-color UltraChrome K3 pigment-based ink system that includes Vivid Magenta. It allows for a wide color gamut with vivid blues and violets as well as images with a long print permanence and instant color stability. The cartridges are also high capacity, holding 25.9 ml of ink.
- Three-Level Black Ink Technology with Auto-Switching Photo & Matte Black Inks
- By using Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks, you can create high quality black & white images with a neutral color balance and a good tonal range. The R300 can also automatically switch between photo black and matte black inks for achieving optimal black ink density.
- Advanced Black and White Photo Mode
- This mode allows you to select from one of four presets (neutral, warm, cool, or sepia) as well as fine tune your image to your liking. It offers custom controls and you can save settings for making reapplication of a particular look quick and easy.