The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 Wireless Color Inkjet Printer is a versatile photo printer, compatible with Mac and Windows operating systems. In addition to a USB connection, you can share the printer over a wired or wireless network.
The printer can print on sheet paper up to 13 x 19" in size. It also accepts both sheet and roll paper, supporting prints as large as 13 x 44". It accepts many types of paper, including photographic paper, fine art paper, canvas, art boards, and inkjet printable DVDs and CDs.
The Stylus uses Epson's UltraChrome K3 ink system, which features their exclusive Vivid Magenta pigment-based ink. It also features multiple types of black ink. This allows the printer to reproduce both stunning color and black-and-white images.
The printer uses an individual ink cartridge for each color, allowing you to replace them as needed. Each high-capacity cartridge holds 25.9ml of ink -- more than a standard cartridge -- ensuring that you'll have to change them less often. The Stylus's MicroPiezo AMC print head is 1" wide and features 9-color, 8-channel printing technology. This allows it to place dots with accuracy and precision, and also reduces the need for maintenance.
- Advanced Media Handling
- The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 is the first 13" printer with Advanced Media Handling. It combines three paths to give you the most wide-ranging media support ever in a photo printer. The new front media path is front-in, front-out and enables consistent, reliable feeding of fine art papers, canvas, thick media, CD/DVDs and Epson professional quality photographic papers. Additionally, the roll paper capability enables you to produce panoramas up to 44" long, while the auto sheet feeder holds up to 30 sheets of photographic paper. And, whichever mode is utilized, this new technology prevents scuffing and virtually eliminates misfeeds due to paper skew.
- 8-Channel MicroPiezo AMC Print Head with Ink-Repelling Coating
- At the core of the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 is the Epson 8-channel MicroPiezo AMC print head. One inch wide, it delivers a maximum resolution of 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi and produces variable-sized ink droplets as small as 2 picoliters to optimize photographic quality and increase print speeds. Simultaneously, Epson's Active Meniscus Control (AMC) technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it. Another unique advantage is an ink-repelling coating which helps prevent ink build-up around the nozzles, resulting in precise dot placement and reduced maintenance.
- AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology
- Working closely with Rochester Institute of Technology's Munsell Color Science Laboratory, Epson has developed AccuPhoto HD2, which combines a complex mathematical architecture with an advanced screening technology that produces previously unattainable image quality. Engineered to ensure precision placement of each individual ink droplet, it results in smooth, grain-free images. Choosing from an extraordinary number of possible ink combinations for each color, it optimizes ink use to maximize the color gamut and provide smooth transitions and gradations. And quality stays true, regardless of print mode.
- PreciseColor Technology
- To ensure the highest level of consistency, every Epson Stylus Photo R3000 meets the standards of Epson's PreciseColor manufacturing. This rigorous process applies colorimetric calibration to ensure that each printer produces prints that are virtually indistinguishable from one another.
- Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology
- The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 features Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology, Epson's groundbreaking 8-color, pigment-based ink system. This highly acclaimed technology redefines what's possible in color and black-and-white printing. It even exceeds what traditional color and black-and-white silver halide photographs can produce. Among its many benefits are an enhanced color gamut with remarkably vibrant blues and violets, professional print permanence ratings and instant color stability.
- Three-Level Black Ink Technology with Auto-Switching Photo and Matte Black Inks
- Three-level Black ink technology simultaneously uses Black, Light Black and Light Light Black ink for richer blacks, unsurpassed gray balance and superior tonal range. The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 automatically switches between two different Black ink modes -- Photo Black or Matte Black - optimizing black ink density on all traditional and archival photographic media including matte, photo, fine art paper and matte or glossy canvas.
- Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode
The Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode is only found on Epson printers. This exclusive feature represents the standard for producing exhibition quality neutral and toned black-and-white prints. Select from one of four presets -- neutral, warm, cool or sepia, or further fine-tune your image with custom controls and a color toning wheel. Then, once you've created your own custom setting, it can easily be saved and reapplied to streamline your workflow.
Using the Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode, professional black-and-white prints can be produced from either color or monochrome images and the results to date are some of the world's most recognized black-and-white gallery prints.
- Epson Intelligent, High-Capacity Ink System
- Epson professional printers use an intelligent ink system that offers greater efficiency and performance. Utilizing nine high-capacity 25.9ml ink cartridges, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 reliably delivers ink at all print speeds, print after print. In addition, Epson technology allows for quick and easy on-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity.
- World-Class Service and Support
- Epson's world-class service and support team makes owning the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 virtually worry-free. The Epson limited warranty offers one year of coverage and toll-free telephone support is available Monday through Friday. Full-unit exchange service is usually available within two or three business days and optional one- or two-year service plans are also available.
- Excellence Without Compromise
- The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 takes compromise out of the equation. This remarkable 13-inch photographic printer is loaded with professional-level Epson technology. In fact, until now, you had to buy a much larger professional level printer to obtain capabilities such as these. With a list of features like a front-in, front-out media path, a high-performance MicroPiezo print head, Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink Technology and Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode, it is, quite simply, in a class by itself.