The GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer with GK-3 Pickup from Roland is a fast reacting and accurate guitar synthesizer for use with the included GK3 pickup attached to any type of electric guitar. The triple-core sound generator houses an array of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synthesizer voices, enabling a wide variety of tones and textures.
The sound engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones powered by Roland's synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modeling, that combined allow you to create unique sounds. The COSM guitar-modeling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR-55 to respond instantly and exactly as you play.
The onboard ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) make it simple to find the perfect sound fast with quick-access category buttons. You can choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and more. For customizing sounds, the EZ Edit feature and large LCD takes the guesswork out of the process, and for those who want to go deep, the GR-55 offers a huge array of controllable parameters.
The GR-55 conveniently bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its two USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used for MIDI/audio data communication, while the side-panel port is used for real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR-55 provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.
The GK-3 Divided Pickup attaches to any steel-stringed electric (no drilling necessary) and delivers accurate performance data to the GR-55, sending individual signals from each guitar string to the device. The pickup's slim-line design enables ideal placement on the guitar, while a big and smooth GK knob and Select Switch allow for changing from synthesizer, to normal guitar tone, or use both mixed together.
- Fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modeling
- Up to four sound sources at a time - two PCM synthesizer tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synthesizers, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modeling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Mounts easily on any steel-stringed electric without damage to the guitar
- Attachment accessories include double-sided tapes, holder to secure the controller unit, and special attachment plate for installing the pickup unit to Les Paul-type guitars
- Adjustable pickup cable length
- 1/4" phone jack for normal guitar input
- Adjustable Curve Design adjusts the curvature of the pickup unit to the curvature of the guitar strings