The Wohler AMP2-S8MDA-3G 8-Channel 3G Multi-Format Audio Monitor affords premium quality 8-channel analog, AES/EBU, 3G/HD/SD-SDI multi-channel audio monitoring and conversion, as well as professional level metering. Each unit features three audiophile-quality drivers and three power amplifiers that reproduce mid range and high frequency information in stereo. The third amp/driver combo outputs summed LF info below the 500 Hz crossover point.
The AMP2-S8MDA-3G also has eight 53-segment high-resolution, tri-color LED level meters that reveal simultaneous VU and PPM. Plus, the front panel features an innovative LCD display of phase/polarity relationships. There are output limiter circuits to protect the speakers and extensive magnetic shielding allows placement immediately adjacent to video monitors with no color impurities. It's this unique design that delivers optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near-field (12 - 36") working environment.
Besides superior functionality, the AMP2-S8MDA-3G also boasts a modern design aesthetic and the inclusion of optimized speakers eliminates the need for awkward monitor placement. It also enables a higher sound pressure level (SPL) for the audio engineer, while reducing the overall ambient noise and crosstalk that disrupts authentic and accurate monitoring. Although its 2RU unique design with in-rack monitors and high-quality eight channel processing make this unit ideal for broadcasting and other audio processing applications in any environment, it truly shines when used in VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite links, cable TV facilities and on-air radio studios.
- Front panel summing of any combination up to eight channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs
- Eight 53-segment tri-color LED bar graphs displaying simultaneous VU and PPM
- Premium quality drivers and power amplifiers
- Audible indications of phase/polarity problems
- Phase-correlation display of selected channels
- Output limiter protected speakers
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Thorough magnetic shielding prevents interference from nearby equipment
- Electronic cancellation provides detection of out-of-phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- The focused sound reduces adjacent bay crosstalk
- Ultra near-field offers exceptional monitoring performance
- Small rack space requirements make them perfectly suited for use in space-critical environments