Superb for use with programs like Final Cut Studio, Avid Xpress and Adobe Premiere, the 6TB G-RAID External Dual Hard Drive Array from G-Technology is an external RAID that has the fast throughput and deep storage capacity to handle the rigors of post-production video work. This drive features two 7200 rpm SATA II drives striped together in a hardware RAID 0 configuration with a total of 6TB of storage. While you can connect the drive to a computer via eSATA, FireWire-800, FireWire-400 (via included adapter cable), or USB 2.0, you can optimize its data transfer speed via the eSATA interface. If connected here, you can transfer data at a rate of over 200 MB/s.
Because the drive boasts exceedingly fast transfer rates, it can play back multiple streams of high-definition video simultaneously, and in formats such as HDV, DVCPro HD, XDCAM HD, ProRes 422 and uncompressed SD. Although, if you would rather use the drive for applications less related to video, it will also perform perfectly for high-resolution imaging, data backup, or general storage applications.
Plus, if you ever decide 6TB of memory isn't enough, you have the option of scaling up. You can use the G-Tech 4-Port, PCIe x4 eSATA adapter (not included) or another company's adapter to connect more than one 6TB dual drive to your desktop. You can also connect more than one drive to your laptop or desktop via FireWire daisy-chaining or through a USB 2.0 hub.
The drive is housed in a compact aluminum external casing that features a thermo-regulated smart fan for cooling. While it will look right at home sitting on top of your Mac Pro or Windows workstation, it will more importantly keep your video and your workflow humming along.
- High-speed, low-cost RAID designed for professional content creation applications, such as Avid Xpress, Final Cut Pro, or Adobe Premiere
- Supports the simultaneous playback of multiple layers of video in real time, including such formats as HDV, DVCPro HD, XCAM HD, ProRes 422, and uncompressed SD
- Connects via eSATA, FireWire-400 (via included adapter cable), FireWire-800, or USB 2.0
- Hardware RAID 0 uses the Oxford 936 chipset to stripe two 7200rpm SATA II drives together, each drive features 32MB cache
- For the best performance, connect through the eSATA interface for sustained transfer rates of over 200MB/s
- Scale up your capacity by connecting more than one 6TB drive to your desktop via G-Technology's 4-Port, PCIe x4 eSATA Adapter or another company's adapter. Alternatively scale up by daisy-chaining drives via the FireWire interface or by connecting multiple drives through a USB 2.0 hub to your desktop or laptop
- Soft-touch on/off switch and integrated thermo-regulated smart fan ensure a long life and reliable operation
- Unique industrial design houses the drive in a compact aluminum enclosure
- Includes all data cables
- Compatible with Mac OS X, Windows Vista, and Windows 7