The Gitzo GH1720FQR Series 1 Safari 2-Way Magnesium Head with Quick Release features Bird Watching Fluid Cartridges, which allow for the smoothest of controlled movements at low speeds and almost frictionless movements at high speeds. This makes easy work of quick repositioning of a camera or birdwatching scope, and of following a flighty subject in the wild. The head's green color lends it a low profile in the natural world.
The single-lock mechanism quickly fixes the 360° pan and ±110° tilt movements using a single knob, making adjustments easier and more effective. Ergonomically suitable for both right/left-handed use, the tripod head offers maximum stability to avoid even the smallest play, and a high-precision mechanism ensures accuracy. A quick-release plate (with both 1/4-20" and 3/8-16" screws) makes for fast removal and mounting of scopes, cameras, and other such equipment. Its double quick-release safety system consists of two pins, one fixed and one manually operated by means of a button, that prevent camera equipment from suddenly dropping out of the head when the quick-release locking knob is released.
Made of magnesium, the lightweight tripod head has high structural rigidity, and can support a load up to 8.8 lbs (4 kg). When used with Gitzo carbon fiber tripods (the Safari series), the head finds an appropriate match for lightweight yet rigid support. The GH1720FQR's removable and reversible pan bar proves useful while using long photographic lenses and spotting scopes. A compact design makes the tripod head easily portable and ideal for travel.
The GH1720FQR fluid head's light weight (1 lb) along with its innovative Bird Watching Fluid Cartridges add up to the ideal tripod head for bird watching and wildlife photography/videography.
- Designed for bird watching and wildlife photography / videography
- Pan and tilt fluid cartridges (360° pan and ± 110° tilt)
- Smooth and controlled low-speed movements
- Ideal for distance spotting and tracking
- Almost frictionless fast movements and quick repositioning
- Single-lock mechanism quickly fixes the pan and tilt movements
- Suitable for both right-and left-handed use
- Maximum stability, zero play
- High-precision mechanism ensures accuracy
- Made of magnesium and supports loads up to 8.8 lbs (4 kg)
- Compatible with Gitzo carbon fiber tripods
- Quick-release plate with 3/8"-16 and 1/4"-20 screws
- Safe Grip material on the quick-release plate to prevent it from moving or slipping
- Removable / reversible pan bar
- Compact and lightweight (1 lb)