The Samsung HW-D7000 A/V Receiver With Built-in Blu-ray Disc Player offers virtually everything you need for a high powered home cinema, allowing you to recreate the thrill of the theater in your own living room.
Combining a 7.2 channel capable receiver with a full HD 3D Blu-ray disc player, all you need are speakers and a few Blu-ray discs or DVDs to complete your home theater setup. The integrated amplifier offers 840 watts of total power (120 watts per channel) and is 7.1 capable if you don't feel the need for two subwoofers. It boasts four HDMI inputs and one HDMI output for hooking it up to a monitor. Plus, it can upconvert analog video signals to high definition (up to 1080p) or even perform 2D to 3D conversion.
Now for the Blu-ray disc player -- you'll be able to enjoy the latest 3D Blu-ray disc titles and 2D movies as well, since it can output video in 1080p, 1080i, 720p and 480p. It plays standard DVDs and CDs, and supports a host of file formats including MP3 and JPEG because well, you never know when you might want to enjoy a CD you've burned or display family photos on your HDTV in stunning high def.
But your gateway to entertainment doesn't end there -- since this system has built-in Wi-Fi, the fun really begins when you connect it to your wireless internet connection. Then, you can access Samsung's Smart Hub, a platform of web-connected apps with everything from sports to news at your fingertips. An internet connection also means you can access Blu-ray disc bonus materials like interactive quizzes and filmmaker chats to give your viewing experience an interactive edge. You won't just be watching a movie, you'll truly be experiencing it.
Of course, stellar sound is an integral part of any home theater setup, and the HW-D7000 has you covered. It supports a host of audio formats from Dolby and DTS including lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio to take your home theater experience to the next level. This A/V receiver also has an intuitive "fingerprinting" system that automatically recognizes the distance between speakers, levels between channels, and frequency characteristics to create a multi-channel sound field optimized for your environment.
The iPod dock input allows you to connect the included iPod dock to the HW-D7000 for playback of music and movies from your iPod or iPhone. The dock supports multiple generations of iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini, iPod classic, iPod touch and iPhone. The iPod dock also has the ability to transmit video, so watching movies or video stored on your iPod is now possible. What's more, the iPod Sync function eliminates any lag time between the video signal from your iPod and the audio signal during playback on your TV.
And finally, Samsung has added a few convenient features like AllShare (DLNA) technology so you can share audio and video using your home network. If you have a Samsung TV or other A/V device with BD Wise, it will automatically set it to output video in its highest resolution. All in all, the HW-D7000 packs in an abundance of high performance A/V features and interactive extras for hours upon hours of in-home entertainment.
- Immersive 7.2 Channel Surround Sound
- Recreate the theater in your own living room -- the HW-D7000 allows you to achieve 840 watts total power with support for 7.2 channels of immersive surround sound. It offers 4 HDMI inputs and one HDMI output with support for 3D video and an Audio Return Channel (ARC). You can position your speakers throughout your space to bring your favorite music and movies to life with cinematic sound.
- Captivating 2D & 3D
- Whether you're viewing a premium-quality 2D movie or seeing incredible 3D depth, images are breathtakingly real in full HD 1080p resolution. Combine this A/V receiver and Blu-ray disc player with a 3D HDTV and 3D active shutter glasses to see the latest Hollywood 3D titles or upconvert 2D content to immersive 3D.
- Multi-Format Playback
- In addition to playing the latest 2D and 3D Blu-ray titles, the HW-D7000 also plays DVD, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-R and DVD-RW, CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs. It also supports a host of file formats including MP3, JPEG and DivX to give you additional options.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- The Samsung D-7000 comes with built-in Wi-Fi so it can easily be connected to your wireless network without the need for an adapter.
- Smart Hub for Web-Connected Apps
- Using Samsung's Smart Hub platform, you can stream movies, videos and music from the internet, access various paid and free applications and view them on your TV/ Application content includes news, sports, weather forecasts, stock market quotes, maps, photos and games.
- BD-Live (Profile 2.0) and BONUSVIEW
- Once you're connected to the internet, you can also access Blu-ray disc bonus content with BD Live. This can include interactive quizzes, featurettes, filmmaker chats, movie commentary and more. With BONUSVIEW, you can see two sources with one in a smaller window -- so for example you can watch a movie with film commentary running at the same time.
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Many Blu-ray discs and DVDs come with either a Dolby or DTS soundtrack (or use both), and the HW-D7000 can decode a multitude of these audio formats. These include Dolby TrueHD, which is Dolby's next-generation lossless technology developed for high definition programming and media. It also supports DTS-HD Master Audio, which provides the highest quality multi-channel sound possible, delivering sound quality that matches the clear and vivid images of HD video.
- Compatible With iPhone and iPod
- The included docking cradle makes it easy to incorporate your iPhone and iPod into your home theater system, so you can enjoy your favorite songs and videos while your device charges. It's also certified by Apple as "Made for iPod" and "Made for iPhone" to ensure compatibility with your Apple devices.
- Auto Sound Calibration (ASC) "Fingerprints" Your Audio Environment
- Auto Sound Calibration makes sure you're hearing optimal sound by automatically configuring the speakers and subwoofer. Simply place the ASC microphone next to your favorite viewing spot, press the ASC button on your remote control, and you're all set to enjoy great audio.
- Sound Field Effect
- Using 32-bit audio digital signal processing, the SFE provides more realistic surround sound with normal stereo audio settings.
- Sync Multiple Devices With AllShare DLNA Technology
- Samsung's AllShare lets you sync up many of your DLNA-enabled digital devices so you can access music, movies and photos right on your TV screen through the built-in Blu-ray player. Files on your PC, camera and mobile devices can wirelessly and effortlessly be available right on your TV.
- Video Conversion
- When you connect the HDMI output to a TV or monitor, the analog video source (composite or component) from the video device is processed for upconversion automatically for HDMI output.
- Audio Sync Function
- When you connect an A/V receiver to a digital TV, a lot of times the video can lag behind the audio. To compensate for this, you can adjust the audio delay time on your new HW-D7000 so that the audio and video are always synced.
- BD Wise
- If you connect the HW-D7000 to a Samsung A/V product that also has BD Wise with an HDMI cable, this function will automatically adjust the device to its optimal settings -- for example a Samsung BD-Wise enabled HDTV will automatically output in the highest resolution it is capable of producing
- Anynet + (HDMI CEC)
- You can operate this AV receiver with a Samsung TV remote control by connecting the receiver to a Samsung TV using an HDMI cable. This also works for other Samsung devices that are equipped with the Anynet + function.