The G73Sw-A1 17.3" Notebook Computer from ASUS is a powerful 17.3" notebook computer, built to handle the intensive hardware demands that modern computer games place on a system. The computer's graphics engine is powered by the nVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M card, loaded with 1.5GB of GDDR5 video memory.
The computer is loaded with a Blu-ray drive. It is capable of playing HD movies from disc, either on the computer's 1080p display or an an HDTV via an HDMI connection. The drive can also read and write CDs and DVDs.
The system is powered by a 2GHz Intel i7-2630QM quad-core CPU which, coupled with the graphics card, can really push up frame rates in complex 3D video games. Thanks to Intel Turbo Boost Technology and the ASUS LevelUp function, you can overclock the system's CPU to up to 2.9GHz for enhanced performance.
Storage is handled by a hybrid storage system. The computer features two 500GB hard drives, each of which features an extra 4GB of SSD storage built-in. This improves performance, as the drives store frequently used files in the SSD portion of storage. The computer boasts 8GB of RAM, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, and a 2MP webcam. A THX TruStudio sound system provides crisp and clear audio output for a true multimedia experience. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Surrounded by Audio
- The G73Sw features full EAX and THX audio support, delivering true surround immersion for dedicated gamers who want their in-game environments to come to life. Movies and music sound spectacular, as well.
- Relentless Computing
- Much of this flows from the computer's Intel Core i7 processor, which enables smooth computing and blazing-fast gaming. The G73Sw comes with one-click overclocking users can engage any time for extra performance in games and other applications.
- Keeping It Cool
- The G73Sw comes with a unique design that improves cooling and reduces noise, with large rear venting exhausts pushing both heat and noise away from users and ensuring cooler, better performing hardware and a quieter environment.
- Pioneering Graphics
- The G73Sw ships with the nVIDIA GTX 460M with 1.5GB GDDR5, a mobile graphics engine adapted from Fermi technology. This provides a significant visual boost, opening new graphics capabilities with native DirectX 11.
- ASUS Warranty
- ASUS's superlative warranty features a full year of accidental damage from handling coverage, a 30-day zero bright dot pixel guarantee, and 2 years of global coverage with free overnight shipping and 24x7 technical support.