Revolver v5 from McDSP is a convolution based reverb plug-in for native computer systems that uses impulse responses to exactly replicate acoustic spaces. The program also provides hundred of sounds of other electronic reverb processors, many of which are considered to be classic items.
The plug-in allows for total impulse response control, and features dedicated and routable EQ, two sync capable delay lines, a reverb decay crossover network, and specialized stereo imaging. Controls for the total reverb time (in percent and RT60 values), and wet and dry levels are always displayed.
The remainder of the plug-in interface is separated into several control pages and views. Graphical representations of signal flow, impulse response data, EQ responses, and even images of the impulse response source are available.
While the plug-in features a huge preset library, additional acoustic spaces and outboard gear can be modeled in a few minutes via the Revolver impulse response tools. All parameter adjustments are heard immediately during any control updates. There is no need to ever wait for the reverb to be re-rendered.
- Huge library of presets featuring production reverbs, rare vintage reverbs, and acoustic spaces
- Total impulse response manipulation
- Pre-delay (positive or negative)
- Two-band dedicated reverb EQ
- Three-band routable EQ
- Two sync-able delay lines
- Tools for creating custom impulse responses
- Reverb decay crossover network
- Double precision processing
- Low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
- Supports sampling rates up to 96kHz on Mac OS X, and up to 48kHz on Windows 1