The ML4000 v5 from McDSP is a native based mastering solution that consists of two plug-ins, designed for music, mastering, post and live sound. The ML1 is a broadband stereo mastering limiter that uses a flexible brick wall look-ahead design with multiple stages of limiting for superior peak detection. The unique Knee and Mode controls allow the ML1 to sound transparent or aggressive even with a wide variety of material.
The ML4 is a multi-band mastering limiter with each band having a 4-band gate, expander and compressor. Each band's gate, expander and compressor are fed into the same limiter algorithm found in the ML1 and can be configured separately or linked together. Steep 24dB/octave crossover filters minimize signal leakage into adjacent bands.
The ML4's multiple real-time metering options in each band allow quick visualization of all signal dynamics. The crossover page shows the overall frequency response of the input, output, or total dynamics effect, on top of the graphically adjustable crossover frequencies, all in real-time. Accurate output adjustment is fast and simple with output ceiling control, large meters, and meter level text readouts.
Version 5 of the plug-in now includes an Audio Units version for use with DAWs that support the format, including Logic, Digital Performer (DP) and Ableton Live. Additionally, a third party software application that supports the TDM, RTAS, or AudioSuite plug-in standard can also be used.
Note! iLok required if one is not already on the system.
- Brick wall look-ahead limiter
- Multi-stage peak detection and limiting
- Unique limiter Knee and Mode controls
- Multi-band Gate, Expander (up/down), Compressor
- Simultaneous display of Gate, Expander, and Compressor dynamic curves in every band
- Multiple real-time metering options
- Adjustable crossover filters
- Multi-band control linking
- Analog saturation modeling
- Double precision processing
- Low latency
- Mono and stereo versions