Gary Fong is a lifelong photographer with a knack for innovative solutions for the normally harsh effects associated with standard on-camera lighting sources. As always, one of Gary's intentions is to eliminate the need for a camera bracket.
The Gary Fong Lightsphere Collapsible Pro Kit is based on the Lightsphere Collapsible diffuser--a round, soft, and flexible flash diffuser that slips on to any standard shoe mount flash unit and also folds away for easy travel. The inside of the Lightsphere is textured to soften and disperse the light, and because the collapsible Lightsphere is quite translucent, it helps conserve the total quantity of light. The Lightsphere Collapsible folds down to about 1/3rd of its original height when collapsed, and has a practical grip system which allows it to securely attach to any modern shoe-mounted flash.
Also included in this kit is a ChromeDome, which is a chrome reflector panel that will almost double the light output of the Collapsible diffuser; an AmberDome, which warms the light from your electronic flash for shooting outdoors at dusk or early morning; a PowerSnoot w/PowerGrid for controlling the directionality of your light; and a set of four color gels (red, yellow, blue, and green) designed for creative use of color with the Lightsphere Collapsible diffuser.
- Fits nearly all shoe-mount flash units.
- Incredibly strong universal grip system.
- Large, round-shaped diffuser minimizes need for flash brackets.
- Gel system matches outgoing light to ambient room light, or enhances black and white image contrast.
- ChromeDome increases flash output without sacrificing the softening qualities of the diffusion material.
- AmberDome warms the light from your electronic flash for balancing color at dusk or early morning, in interiors with tungsten lighting, at sunset, or for warming your subject in open shade.
- Mounted on camera, the PowerSnoot serves as a tool for creating cutting edge special effects. A softer yet dramatic light can be achieved by using the enclosed inverted white dome. Either way, the PowerSnoot allows you to create "Fashion Style" photography, with a minimum amount of equipment.
- The Lightsphere Universal PowerSnoot fits most strobe units from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Quantaray, Promaster, Pentax, Minolta, Sunpack and Vivitar. It will also fit selected models from Bower, Contax, DigiSlave, Soligor, Sigma, and Sony.