The UAD-2 Satellite QUAD from Universal Audio is a product that many non PCI slot equipped Mac owners have been waiting for. UA has a solid reputation for delivering world-class analog emulation plug-ins, and for select Intel based iMac, MacBook Pro and Mac Mini computers, the wait is over. Powered by four SHARC processors, the standalone FireWire 800 or 400 based DSP accelerator can run complex mixes without taxing the host computer.
Bundled with the unit is the "Analog Classics" bundle, featuring the LA-2A classic audio leveler, 1176LN and 1176SE compressor/limiter, Pultec EQP-1A EQ and the RealVerb Pro plug-ins. Additionally the UAD-2 Satellite QUAD also provides easy FireWire access to the complete UAD Powered plug-in library (purchased separately). An included voucher with a $50 value can be used towards the purchase of these additional plug-ins.
The DSP accelerator can be paired with other UAD-1 or UAD-2 products for creating larger systems. Whether using Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer, or any other DAW software that supports the Audio Units, RTAS and VST formats, using UAD-2 plug-ins will reward the artist/engineer with the character and quality of classic hardware in a convenient plug-in format.
Note! Greater instance counts achieved at FireWire 800 versus FireWire 400
- External FireWire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit compatible with select Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac Minis
- High-bandwidth accelerator with two Analog Devices SHARC processors
- Allows access to the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately)
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Run complex, professional mixes in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more, without taxing host computer CPU
- Combine UAD-2 Satellite devices with UAD-1 and UAD-2 PCI, PCIx, PCIe cards in a single system
- Audio Units, RTAS and VST support
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatible