Designed as a compact source of on-camera light, the Speedlite 270EX II from Canon offers a guide number of 89' at ISO 100 when set to the 50mm position. The flash can also be set to a normal position with 28mm of coverage on full frame cameras and can tilt upward 90° for bounce capabilities. The unit even features wireless slave TTL functionality for off-camera lighting when used with a master unit.
A remote control shooting setting available on the 270EX II enables wireless triggering of certain DSLRs up to 16.4' away. It also has an AF assist beam and has a recycle time of 0.1 to 3.9 seconds. Other modes include high-speed, first and second curtain sync settings and it runs on just 2 AA batteries. Additionally, it comes with a mini stand and a case.
- Remote release function has a delay of 2 seconds and will work with cameras compatible with the RC-6, RC-5, or RC-1 Remote Controllers
- Effective flash range of 2.3 to 63.3'
- Wireless slave setting is fixed to group A but works with all channels
- Battery life of 100-680 flashes
- Flash sends color temperature information to camera