The US-200 from Tascam is a 2-input/4-output USB audio interface with MIDI connectivity. It features Mac and Windows compatibility, resolution up to 24-bit/96kHz, and a lightweight portable chassis.
The US-200's dual microphone preamps have 1/4" TRS & XLR Combo connectors, and can supply Phantom power for use with condenser microphones. Four, rear panel unbalanced RCA outputs are available, as well as a MIDI input and output for controlling synthesizers and drum machines.
Input 1 will also accept an instrument input for use with an electric guitar or bass, or any other Hi-Z source. Individual gain controls are available for both inputs. A direct monitoring path avoids the inherent delay that is otherwise caused when monitoring through computer software. The unit is USB bus-powered.
Cubase LE 5 software is included, allowing the user to immediate begin working. This version of Steinberg's workstation software features 48-track and VST plug-in support, while automated mixing and MIDI tracks allow the user to craft large productions without adding any other software.
The US-200 supports most other software for Mac and Windows, including Logic Pro, Live, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, and Pro Tools 9.
- Two-input/four-output USB 2.0 audio/MIDI interface
- 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution
- Two microphone preamps with phantom power, XLR/TRS combo jacks
- Four unbalanced RCA outputs
- MIDI input and output
- Direct Monitor function allows zero-latency monitoring of the input
- Signal Present and Overload LED meters on each input
- Line Out/Phones level control
- Monitor mix level control and mono/stereo switch for direct input monitoring
- Instrument (high impedance) switch for input 1 with indicator LED
- Includes Cubase LE5 48-track workstation recording software