The Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 EX DG OS APO HSM Lens provides a large constant f/2.8 maximum aperture at all focal lengths. In essence, it transforms a large-aperture 300mm f/2.8 lens into a zoom lens that allows you to determine the picture composition without having to change your vantage point. Optical image stabilization facilitates hand-held photography by allowing you to shoot at shutter speeds 4 stops slower than without the stabilization.
The use of Apochromatic design, SLD and FLD glass elements for correction of chromatic aberrations, and super multi-layers to reduce flare and ghosting deliver superb image quality. The autofocus drive is equipped with the silent, responsive and high speed Hyper Sonic Motor and internal focusing for a highly functional professional lens. The DG design makes it fully optimized for use with digital SLR cameras.
- Full-Frame Format
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors.
- Splash-proof feature protects the lens from the effects of harsh weather conditions.
- Image Stabilization
- OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situation.
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus.
- DG Lens Design
- The improved DG lens design corrects for various aberrations. This lens is specially coated to get the best color balance while cutting down on ghosting caused by reflections from the digital image sensor.
- SLD Glass and Aspherical Lenses
- The use of Apochromatic design, 1 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element and 2 FLD elements give full correction of chromatic aberration and provide a high level of optical performance.
- Internal Focusing and Internal Zooming
- This lens incorporates an internal focusing system, which eliminates front lens rotation, allowing the use of a Perfect Hood and a circular polarizing filter. Handholding is easy since focusing and zooming do not change its overall length.