The QX49 from Alesis is a 49-note, velocity-sensitive, MIDI keyboard controller with USB and traditional MIDI ports that allows for connect to almost all MIDI equipment including software and sound modules. Pitch and modulation wheels, faders, rotary knobs and drum pads add expression, range, and dynamics to any performance.
The keyboard is class compliant and simple to use. It connects to either a Mac or PC via a single USB cable, which supplies both power and data connection. No need to install any drivers. A LCD display provides status information. The unit includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition software, allowing the user to perform, record, and sequence music right out of the box.
The QX49 allows the performer to punch out a drumbeat on great-feeling pads, open up a filter with smooth knobs, or adjust volume and playback of sequencing software with long faders and snappy buttons. It is also a good choice for controlling hardware MIDI devices. Its compact size and portability make it ideal for existing live set ups. It can be used as an additional keyboard controller simply to send Program Changes messages to change programs, patches, and more.
The keyboard features two traditional MIDI jacks - one for sending MIDI data directly from the keyboard and the other for routing MIDI data from a connected computer. When not using a computer, the controller can also be powered using an optional power adaptor to perform and control MIDI hardware. A footswitch input is also included on the back panel.
- 49-key keyboard controller for use with virtually all Mac and PC music software and MIDI devices
- Velocity sensitive keys for expressive, musical performance
- Pitch and Modulation wheels for capturing musical expression
- 8 faders perfect for adjusting volume or synth parameters
- 4 drum pads for triggering samples, loops and sequencing drums
- 8 knobs ideal for adjusting pan position or any other parameter
- 6 assignable buttons for triggering software controls
- USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI out for use with Mac and PC, as well as MIDI hardware
- Sustain pedal input for complete performance (pedal sold separately)
- Includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition for recording, sequencing and performing
- Bus powered via USB