The SynthStation49 from Akai is a 49-key controller designed specifically for use with the iPad. The intuitive music controller is a true performance tool for musicians, and working with Akai Professional's SynthStation software, the keyboard provides extensive music creation capabilities. These include direct in-app MIDI recording from the velocity-sensitive keyboard, 9 MPC-style drum pads and transport controls. Additionally, the SynthStation49 is completely iOS CoreMIDI compatible, allowing it work with dozens of music apps already in the App Store.
An angle-adjustable cradle helps position the iPod to a comfortable viewing angle. The controller's keyboard, pitch/modulation wheels and sustain pedal input provide the essential controls for musicians and producers to compose, record and perform. The pads give users immediate, intuitive beat-creation capabilities over the 50 classic and modern kits available within the SynthStation software. Program, sequence, song select and transport buttons also provide quick navigation to the SynthStation app's most used components for a seamless, efficient workflow.
A headphone output allows users to practice and compose in private. The USB port can be connected directly to a Mac or PC computer to receive power in addition to transmitting MIDI to and from music software or hardware. This allows the SynthStation49 to function as a traditional USB MIDI controller - no iPad required.
- Portable, velocity-sensitive keyboard with pitch and modulation wheels
- 9 velocity-sensitive MPC-style drum pads which light when triggered
- Dedicated transport control buttons including Play, Pause and Record
- Play MIDI keyboard and drum pad performances into an iPad via CoreMIDI or AkaiConnect apps
- Built-in, adjustable dock charges the iPad while positioning the screen at the perfect angle
- USB port for connecting to a Mac or PC, receiving power and controlling MIDI music software
- Professional 1/4" stereo outputs with volume control to connect mixers, speakers and recording equipment
- Headphone output to practice and compose in private