The Onkyo TX-NR509 Network Receiver is a network-ready home theater centerpiece that is capable of decoding advanced Dolby and DTS audio formats for immersive audio, while it is also capable of integrating seamlessly into your home network.
The networking ability of the TX-NR509 takes you one step closer to fully integrated home entertainment. Audio files on your computer and streaming internet radio can both now be played through your main system, with fidelity far beyond what you're used to on a PC.
When you're setting up this receiver, Audyssey 2EQ works to adapt the soundstage to the unique dimensions of your room. Fine-tuned adjustments to audio and video settings are easy, thanks to the user-friendly overlaid on-screen display (OSD) of the system.
By downloading Onkyo's Remote App, you can even use your iPod or iPhone as a remote control for the system. The receiver's four HDMI 1.4a inputs handle stunning HD audio from Dolby and DTS, as well as dynamic 3D video. Onkyo has also included several DSP audio modes of their own, along with four audio gaming modes tailored to the type of game you're playing.
The unit also has a front-panel USB port that offers a digital link for your iPod, iPhone and USB storage devices, and Zone 2 line-outs allow you to send a stereo audio signal to a second room equipped with an amp and speakers. The TX-NR509 offers an array of features at an affordable value for home theater enthusiasts.
- Up to 5.1 Channels of Immersive Audio
- Bring cinema quality audio and video into your home with up to 5.1 channels of high fidelity audio with the TX-NR509 receiver. This receiver is capable of producing immersive surround sound, as well as 2-channel, 3-channel, 3.1 and 4-channel audio to fit your needs and budget. It offers a power rating of 80 watts per channel to bring your movies and music to life.
- Four HDMI 1.4a Inputs and 1 HDMI 14.a Output
- This receiver offers 4 assignable HDMI 1.4 inputs and one HDMI 1.4 output, so it fully supports 3D and Audio Return Channel (ARC). That means if you have all the necessary accessories you can enjoy wraparound 3D movies or games. With ARC, the audio signal from your TV tuner can be sent to the HDMI out of the receiver. The TV's audio can even be selected as having priority over your other assignments.
- Network Ready
- This receiver connects to your home internet connection or home PC. It provides access to internet radio sources like Pandora, Rhapsody, Napster, Slacker, Sirius Internet Radio, MediaFly and vTuner with high fidelity audio reproduction. It is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 platform and includes a DLNA certification for media streaming.
- Multiple Sound Processors
- Take advantage of high definition Dolby and DTS processors including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. In addition to these, Onkyo has added several of their own DSPs (Digital Signal Processors) like Theater-Dimensional, which allows for a surround sound effect even if you have two or three speakers in your setup. These different listening modes can transform your listening room into a movie theater or concert hall, with high fidelity and stunning surround sound.
- Four DSP Audio Gaming Modes
- This receiver also offers four different DSPs for different types of video games. Choose from rock, sports, action and role playing modes to customize your gaming experience whether you're playing 3D or 2D games.
- iPod / iPhone Remote Control App
- By downloading the Onkyo Remote Control app for your iPhone or iPod, you can use your favorite multimedia device as a versatile remote control for the TX-NR509. This way you can control the receiver in between texting from your iPhone or lining up a playlist on your iPod.
- Support for xv Color and Deep Color
- This receiver is of capable of passing x.v.Color and Deep Color between compatible devices via HDMI 1.4a. This allows for rich, vibrant colors with smooth, detailed gradation. In fact it can pass along literally billions of colors so there's no color banding that can occur even in high definition programming.
- Audessy 2EQ With Dynamic EQ
- With the included calibrated microphone, Audyssey 2EQ determines the number of speakers connected, their size (for bass management), optimum crossover frequencies to the subwoofer if you have one hooked up, and distances from your listening position. Audessy 2EQ minimizes distortion caused by room acoustics by capturing room acoustical problems over the listening area in both the frequency and time domain for clear, well-balanced audio.
- Audessy Dynamic EQ
- With Audessy Dynamic EQ, you can enjoy great sound even when listening at low volume levels. Audessy Dynamic EQ takes into account human perception and room acoustics. It selects the correct frequency response and surround volume levels so that the content sounds the way it was created at any volume level.
- Subwoofer Crossover Adjustment
- You can tell the TX-NR509 at which frequency to crossover when sending signals to your subwoofer. Choose from 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150 or 200 Hz. A high setting allows your subwoofer to produce more sound, whereas a low setting offers less sound depending on the output of your system and your desired sound output. For optimum bass output, the crossover frequency can be set according to the size and frequency response of your speakers.
- Universal Port for Optional Dock or Optional HD Radio Receiver
- This receiver is compatible with several different iPods. Just plug it into the optional iPod dock. If you want to experience HD Radio you can purchase the Onkyo HD Radio receiver, which also plugs into the universal port. HD Radio is an additional signal that both AM and FM stations can include along with their convention broadcasts. The content can be anything from news to music to tags that can tell you the title and artist of a song that's playing.
- Music Optimizer for Compressed MP3 Files
- With this receiver, your compressed MP3 files will sound better than ever thanks to the built-in Music Optimizer, which enhances the sound quality of your compressed music files. This feature works with PCM digital audio input signals with a sampling rate below 48 kHz and analog audio input signals.
- Second Zone Stereo Audio
- This receiver is also capable of sending audio to a second room. You can use two sets of front speakers with this receiver: speakers "A" for up to 5.1 channel playback in your main listening room and speakers "B" for 2 channel stereo playback in another room.
- Direct Mode
- In this mode, audio from the input source is output without surround-sound processing. The speaker configuration and speaker distance settings are enabled, but much of the processing set via Home menu is disabled. A/V Sync does not have effect on the analog audio.
- Convenient Overlay OSD via HDMI
- Controlling the TX-SR509 is easy with the overlay On-Screen Display (OSD). On-screen set-up menus appear overlaid on the video image you're watching for easy adjustments of the system.