The Onkyo TX-SR309 5.1 A/V Home Theater Receiver is capable of producing immersive surround sound for your home theater system. It offers support for up to 5.1 channels with 65 watts per channel power ratings to bring your movies and music to life.
The TX-SR309 supports a host of audio formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio which deliver high definition, lossless audio. These formats are carried by three HDMI version 1.4 inputs that also support immersive 3D video content as well as Audio Return Channel (ARC), Deep Color, xv Color, Lip Sync, and several Dolby and DTS audio codecs. So if you've got a 3D-ready HDTV or home theater projector, 3D-ready cable and 3D glasses you've got everything you need to enjoy high-powered immersive visuals to match the detailed, low-distortion audio this receiver is capable of supporting.
This receiver utilizes 192 kHz/24-Bit Burr-Brown D/A converters for improved jitter and clearer audio, and a High Current Power Supply (H.C.P.S.) Massive High Power Transformer ensures there is enough power for audio peaks.
A front-panel USB port offers a high-quality digital link to your iPod or iPhone. The "Made for iPod / iPhone" mark means it was designed and built to connect specifically to your iPod or iPhone and was certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. To get the best from your compressed audio files, the TX-SR309 employs Onkyo's proprietary Advanced Music Optimizer.
When gaming, you can choose from four customized audio modes to match your gaming content both in 2D and 3D: Rock, Sports, Action and Role Playing modes. Whether you're interested in producing wraparound 3D visuals or reproducing detailed lossless audio from Blu-ray discs or enjoying your MP3 files with enhanced quality, the TX-SR309 is an entry-level receiver that is capable of pumping high-powered video and audio to your home theater system.
This receiver also allows you to set the crossover frequency of your subwoofer for optimum bass output. Meanwhile, an overlaid on-screen display via HDMI makes it easy to make adjustments and set up. If you're looking for a powerful way to enjoy mono, stereo, or multi-channel audio up to 5.1 channels, the makes a smart addition to your home theater system.
- Up to 5.1 Channels of High Fidelity Audio
- Bring cinema quality audio and video into your home with up to 5.1 channels of high fidelity audio with the TX-SR309 receiver. This receiver is capable of producing both immersive surround sound and 2-channel, 3-channel, 3.1 and 4-channel audio to fit your needs and budget. It offers a power rating of 65 watts per channel to bring your movies and music to life.
- Three HDMI 1.4 Inputs and 1 HDMI 1.4 Output
- This receiver offers 3 assignable HDMI 1.4 inputs and one HDMI 1.4 output, so it fully supports 3D and Audio Return Channel (ARC). That means if you have all the necessary accessories you can enjoy wraparound 3D movies or games. With ARC, the audio signal from your TV tuner can be sent to the HDMI out of the receiver. The TV's audio can even be selected as having priority over your other assignments.
- Support for xv Color and Deep Color
- This receiver is of capable of passing x.v.Color and Deep Color between compatible devices via HDMI 1.4. This allows for rich, vibrant colors with smooth, detailed gradation. In fact it can pass along literally billions of colors so there's no color banding that can occur even in high definition programming.
- Multiple Sound Processors
- Take advantage of high definition Dolby and DTS processors including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. In addition to these, Onkyo has added several of their own DSPs (Digital Signal Processors) like Theater-Dimensional, which allows for a surround sound effect even if you have two or three speakers in your setup. These different listening modes can transform your listening room into a movie theater or concert hall, with high fidelity and stunning surround sound.
- Four DSP Audio Gaming Modes
- This receiver also offers four different DSPs for different types of video games. Choose from rock, sports, action and role playing modes to customize your gaming experience whether you're playing 3D or 2D games.
- Subwoofer Crossover Adjustment
- You can tell the TX-SR309 at which frequency to crossover when sending signals to your subwoofer. Choose from 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150 or 200 Hz. A high setting allows your subwoofer to produce more sound, whereas a low setting offers less sound depending on the output of your system and your desired sound output. For optimum bass output, the crossover frequency can be set according to the size and frequency response of your speakers.
- Universal Port for Optional iPod Dock or Optional HD Radio Receiver
- This receiver is compatible with several different iPods. Just plug it into the optional iPod dock. If you want to experience HD Radio you can purchase the Onkyo HD Radio receiver, which also plugs into the universal port. HD Radio is an additional signal that both AM and FM stations can include along with their convention broadcasts. The content can be anything from news to music to tags that can tell you the title and artist of a song that's playing.
- Music Optimizer for Compressed MP3 Files
- With this receiver, your compressed MP3 files will sound better than ever thanks to the built-in Music Optimizer, which enhances the sound quality of your compressed music files. This feature works with PCM digital audio input signals witjh a sampling rate below 48 kHz and analog audio input signals.