Immerse yourself in 7.1-channel surround sound with the Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 Home Theater System. The receiver and speaker package offers a solid foundation for any home theater with 1,030 watts of total power, including an independently powered 120-watt subwoofer for deep, boomy bass that you can hear and feel. You can easily add a Blu-ray or DVD player and gaming console to complete your entertainment experience. With processing for an array of advanced Dolby and DTS audio formats, you can achieve a more detailed, realistic sound field.
The receiver's four HDMI 1.4 inputs and one HDMI 1.4 output support 3D content, so in addition to surround sound you can immerse yourself in the realistic, wraparound visuals of 3D content all in the comfort of your living room. It also carries an Audio Return Channel so that content can be directly received by your HDTV's tuner to be sent "upstream" without another cable. For gaming, Onkyo has included four DSP modes to customize your experience based on what type of game you're playing. This system also employs 192kHz/24-bit Burr Brown D/A converters for all channels. These provide sampling rates of up to 192 kHz with high resistance to clock jitter and a 113 dB dynamic range. They allow you to achieve clear, distortion-free surround sound in your home theater system.
With Audyssey setup technologies, you can enjoy an optimized audio experience. These work to ensure a consistent bass response, tonal balance and sound effect as well as smoothing out volume fluctuations so you can enjoy an optimized dynamic range. This way you won't have to reach for the remote during loud commercials or quiet dialogue scenes in your favorite movies, because your home theater system will even these out for you.
Connect your iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device via the front-panel USB port to widen your entertainment options. What's more, your compressed files can sound better than ever with the Advanced Music Optimizer that compensates for lost bit information that happens during compression of these files. The front panel analog A/V inputs also allow you to connect a game console or camcorder.
Whether you're looking to pump high definition audio and video into your home theater for movies, music or games, the HT-S5400 is a superb choice that can get the job done. It offers a sleek design as well, with a black high-gloss finish to complement any home theater setup.
- 1030 Watts of 7.1 Channel Surround Sound
- Enjoy an enveloping 7.1 channel surround sound system to get the fullest experience from your favorite movies, music and games. The HT-S5400 offers 1,030 watts of audio power to fill your living room with clean, distortion-free audio that will make your entertainment come alive. The powerful 120-watt subwoofer provides bass you can hear and feel.
- HDMI 1.4 With 3D and ARC
- Four HDMI 1.4 inputs and one HDMI 1.4 output offer the latest version of HDMI. These support 3D content, so you can enjoy the realistic, wraparound visuals that are found on more and more Blu-ray discs and games. If you already have a 3D HDTV or home theater projector, 3D glasses, and 3D-ready cable you're all set to enjoy 3D entertainment in your home theater. It also supports Audio Return Channel (ARC) so content can be directly received from your HDTV's tuner to be sent "upstream" via HDMI to the receiver without an additional S/PDIF cable.
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby TrueHD is an advanced lossles multi-channel audio codec developed by Dolby Laboratories intended primarily for high definition home entertainment equipment. Dolby TrueHD audio tracks can carry up to 24 bit audio in up to 8 discrete channel at 96 kHz or up to 6 channels (5.1 surround) at 192 kHz. The maximum encoded bitrate is 18 Mb/s.
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- DTS-HD Master Audio is also a lossless audio codec, but it supports variable bit rates up to 24.5 Mb/s on a Blu-ray disc. This advanced format supports a maximum of 192 kHz sampling frequency and 24-but depth samples in two channel stereo mode, and 96 kHz/24 bit resolution in multichannel mode with up to 8 channels. DTS-HD Master Audio allows for bit-to-bit representation of the original movie's studio master soundtrack.
- Dolby Pro Logic IIz
- On the HT-S5400's A/V receiver, Dolby Pro Logic IIz enables you to incorporate two "front height" speakers into your surround sound setup as an alternative to the two surround back speakers. These front height channels carry ambient, non-directional audio that helps immerse you even more deeply into your movies and games.
- Four DSP Gaming Modes
- To customize your gaming experience, Onkyo has included four game DSPs (digital sound processors) for different types of games. These include rock, sports, action and RPG (role paying).
- Audessy Technologies "Fingerprint" Your Listening Environment
- The HT-S5400 comes with three Audessy sound-enhancing technologies. Audessy 2EQ tailors multi-channel audio for your home theater speaker setup by measuring three room positions and applying a resolution filter to the satellite speakers to correct for room acoustics. Audessy Dynamic Volume automatically compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content like during commercials and optimizes the dynamic range. Audessy Dynamic EQ maintains a consistent bass response, tonal balance, and surround-sound effect at different volume levels. That means you can enjoy the natural dynamics of your entertainment content no matter what volume it's being played back at.
- Front-Panel USB Port for Your iPod / iPhone
- With the front panel USB port, you can access MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC audio files stored on a USB flash drive or your iPod or iPhone. The audio signals are transported in digital form so there is less chance for signal degradation. When you play these files, they'll sound cleaner and closer to the original recordings. The USB input also lets you use the system's remote control to play back audio files on your connected device.
- Advanced Music Optimizer for Compressed Music Files
- This home theater system optimizes your MP3 and AAC files, since a significant amount of high-frequency bit information is lost when these files are compressed. Onkyo's Advanced Music Optimizer compensates for this lost bit information and to improve the quality of compressed audio signals. You'll hear your favorite music played back through the HT-S3400 with a clearer, expansive sound than ever before. This feature also includes a loudness correction to further improve the audio character of your compressed music files.
- Crossover Adjustment
- The HT-S5400 employs a powerful 120-watt subwoofer for the low frequency effects (LFEs) of your movies, music and games. Since it is an active powered subwoofer, it draws an independent power supply to let the receiver focus on the mid and high frequency sounds. Additionally, you can set the crossover adjustment to 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 120, 150, or 200 Hz.
- Overlaid OSD via HDMI
- The HT-S5400 makes changing settings easy with the overlaid on-screen display (OSD). On-screen setup menus appear overlaid on the video images you're watching so that you can make adjustments instantly, without switching back and forth from a blank screen background.