The HD I/O 16x16 Digital from Avid is a high-performance Pro Tools HD Series audio interface that is designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools HD systems. Available in three different configurations, this version provides up to 16 channels of 24-bit digital I/O (sample rate dependent) using AES/EBU, or TDIF, or ADAT formats.
Although it bears a physical resemblance to previous interfaces, the HD I/O has been completely redesigned and provides maximum performance, dependability, and control of all inputs, outputs, and routing right from the Pro Tools software interface. Sample rate conversion is available on the two digital cards for all channels.
The digital I/O cards contain between them connectors for sixteen channels each of AES/EBU I/O, TDIF I/O, and optical (ADAT) I/O. Only one digital format can be used at a time. Two card slots are available for further expansion.
Note: A minimum of Pro Tools HD 8.1 or higher software is required to use this interface. A free update is available for download to all registered Pro Tools HD 8.x users.
- 16 input / 16 output digital audio interface with full Pro Tools HD integration for complete input, output and routing control
- 16 channels of AES/EBU I/O, or TDIF, or ADAT optical in addition to the 2 fixed channels of AES/EBU available on the chassis
- Stereo S/PDIF and 8 channels of ADAT digital I/O on the chassis
- Built-in sample rate conversion on both digital cards
- Two open card slot for additional customization
- Dedicated Wordclock and Loop Sync I/O
- Thirty-two, 4-segment metering LEDs for accurate level monitoring
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)