Video Satellite LE from Avid is a simple, reliable and affordable video playback solution for a Pro Tools HD system when used for editing sound for picture. When installed on a Pro Tools LE-based Mac Pro computer with an Mbox 2 Micro system (sold separately), the software enables Pro Tools HD editors to play QuickTime HD/SD video, or Avid SD video without taxing the resources of their Pro Tools system.
The software allows for controlling video playback in sync with the session on the Pro Tools HD system using a proprietary Ethernet connection protocol that delivers faster lockup time than traditional 9-pin solutions, and tighter synchronization than MIDI Time Code. Control all audio and video transport commands from the Pro Tools rig, including scrubbing, with ease and responsiveness.
Additionally, for the post professional the software provides the ability to create their own video playback system for working on projects outside of a networked post-production facility.
Note: Requires iLok for Video Satellite LE authorization.
- Sync Pro Tools HD sessions with HD or SD video playback running on a separate computer running Pro Tools LE via Mbox 2 Micro (Pro Tools LE system sold separately)
- Control all audio and video system transport commands from the Pro Tools|HD system
- Proprietary Ethernet protocol achieves faster lock than 9-pin and tighter lock than MIDI Time Code for exceptional responsiveness when scrubbing and shuttling
- Supports loop playback
- Play back video on the desktop or through a supported video card or peripheral
- Supports qualified Blackmagic Design video cards for QuickTime HD/SD playback
- Supports Avid SD and QuickTime SD video playback with Avid Mojo SDI