The Shure Beta 98A D/C Miniature Cardioid Condenser Microphone is essentially a Shure Beta 98A accessorized with the A98D drum mount and 15' cable. The package is intended to perfectly mount and position the Beta 98A onto drum and percussion instruments for recording and live sound applications. Its cardioid polar pattern effectively minimizes off-axis feedback and noise, and its tailored frequency response reproduces drums with pristine results. The Beta 89A's high SPL response captures transients without noise and distortion. Its miniature profile is ideal for close positioning, without interfering with the performance.
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback and rejection of off-axis sound for smooth high-end response and control
- Frequency response tailored for drums and percussion applications with a wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Precision-engineered design for unobtrusive microphone footprint
- Beta 98A models ship with external in-line preamplifier for discrete cable placement, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
- Beta 98AD/C ships with A98D drum mount featuring a flexible gooseneck for precise placement and secure attachment
- Beta 98A/C ships with RK282 shock mount swivel adapter for attachment to any standard microphone stand