The PM0.5n 70W 5" Active Nearfield Studio Monitor Speaker (Pair, Black) from Fostex utilizes years of acoustic design knowledge and experience to provide clear, bright sound in a minimalist package. Ideal for use on a desktop or in a mobile studio, this speaker uses a 5" woofer and 0.75" soft dome tweeter to provide a wide frequency response. The biamplified design sends 70W of total power to the drivers to deliver tight, punchy sound with low distortion.
The rear panel features an XLR/TRS combo input, as well as a rotary volume control, and an on/off switch. The speaker is magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors, making it ideal for multimedia applications.
- Ultra compact design, ideal for desktop or mobile studios
- Based on the popular PM0.5mk2, with enhanced drivers for improved performance
- The powerful 5" woofer has a mixture of cut and milled fibers that are made from aromatic polyamide. It is then impregnated with resins to simultaneously achieve high rigidity and optimum damping. The cone also has an olefin film thermally adhered to its surface to control frequency response and to establish long term reliability. The center dust cap is made of non-wood cellulose material and is also impregnated with resin. The voice coil is made of super high purity copper wire to achieve extremely low distortion. All of these features work together for pure music reproduction
- The 0.75" soft dome tweeter uses Fostex's UFLC technology (Poly Urethane Film Laminated Cloth) to achieve light weight and high stability performance
- Glossy front baffle with a gently tapered top
- Biamplified design with 70W of total power. The amplifiers are calibrated to precisely match the performance capability of the drivers
- Bass ports in the enclosure help to extend low frequency response
- An XLR/TRS combo input provides wide compatibility with a variety of sound systems and devices
- Rear-panel volume control
- Magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors
- Silk-screened Fostex logo with a blue LED on the front panel