The iDC SYSTEM ZERO Viewfinder for Canon EOS 5D MK II, MK III, Nikon D800 is iDC's modified version of the Hoodman HoodLoupe 3.0 add-on viewfinder, and it is compatible with the Canon 5D MK II and MK III, as well as the Nikon D800--each with a dedicated camera plate. The camera plate is sold separately and this modified SYSTEM ZERO viewfinder cannot be used without one.
The Hoodman HoodLoupe is modified by a permanently-attached quick-release bracket that allows for quick-release functionality and that allows for the viewfinder to firmly be held in place on the DSLR. By means of two red-handled screws, the viewfinder firmly attaches onto an iDC SYSTEM ZERO camera plate, and the camera plate then attaches to the bottom of the DSLR with which the viewfinder perfectly lines up. Accordingly, a SYSTEM ZERO camera plate is required. (The camera plate is additionally useful for expansion into use with other iDC products.)
Our viewfinder provides full coverage of the 5D's 3" LCD, and it helps better focus images, and it reduces glare and shadow.
- Compatible with the Canon 5D MK II and MK III, plus the Nikon D800 via an iDC dedicated camera plate, this viewfinder is a modified version of the Hoodman HoudeLoupe 3.0. The camera plate is sold separately and is required.
- A quick-release bracket is permanently attached to the Hoodman HoodLoupe and enables quick-release functionality.
- Eliminates glare and shadow.
- Provides full coverage of 3" LCD.
- This modified version will not work without an iDC dedicated camera plate, which is not included.