This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The VideoRay Scout X3 Economy ROV System (NTSC) is a remote-operated underwater vehicle and camera system for professionals. The system consists of an advanced Scout control panel, 40 m Professional Performance Tether and a Scout submersible rigged with a camera and lighting equipment. The Scout submersible has two brushed thrusters for horizontal propulsion and one for vertical propulsion. With a maximum speed of 1.9 knots and a 250' depth rating, the Scout submersible was designed to meet the challenges of professional applications at an affordable price.
Inside the submersible's central pressure hull, a forward facing camera is securely fixed. Optimized for underwater use, the wide angle camera features 420 lines of resolution and ample horizontal/diagonal viewing angles. An optional recording device will be required in order to capture the camera's video feed. In darker water, visibility and image quality are improved by dual 20W, high-efficiency halogen lights. With each light mounted on an opposite side of the central hull, the camera receives balanced illumination from the left and right. Adjustments to each halogen's incandescence can be made from the surface via the Scout's Variable Intensity Control. The link between the Scout ROV and its surface control panel is a neutrally buoyant, 40 m Professional Performance Tether. It's 8.2mm in diameter, dent tolerant up to 1000 lb, and acts as an avenue for control signals and power voltage - maxing out at 48 V DC.
From the surface, the tether can be guided up and down by the Standard Capacity Tether Deployment System and an operator can use the Scout's control panel to guide the submersible ROV. The control panel features an integrated joystick, depth control knob and 7" color display. There is no depth sensor on the Scout. As an added convenience, the Scout X3 Economy ROV System packs into one portable, hard-shell, watertight and durable Pelican 1620 Case with a custom interior.
- The Scout X3 Economy ROV System is outfitted with a Scout submersible that houses a camera/lighting rig and is equipped to reach depths up to 250'. The remote-operated underwater vehicle has a propulsion system that enables a max speed of 1.9 knots. It has dual horizontal brushed thrusters with 50 mm propellers and one vertical brushed thruster with a 45 mm propeller for accurate handling via the control panel
- ROV Camera
- The ROV's camera is a forward facing wide angle camera optimized for underwater use. It is fixed inside the pressure hull, has 420 lines of resolution and is formatted for NTSC systems. The camera is capable of 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles. An optional recording device will be required in order to capture the camera's video feed
- ROV Lighting System
- The ROV lighting system, which increases the camera's vision underwater, is comprised of two 20W high-efficiency halogen lamps. Each one is mounted on opposing sides of the camera's hull. The Scout System incorporates Variable Intensity Control, which allows the operators to adjust the light system's intensity from the surface
- Control Panel
- The control panel features a 7" color display, integrated joystick and depth control knob. There is no depth sensor on the Scout. It also has an analog composite video out for sending the video feed to another monitor or recorder
- Professional Performance Tether
- With a length of 40 m, the neutrally buoyant Professional Performance Tether is ideal for operating in currents or winds. It has a breaking strength of 1000 lb, an 8.2mm diameter, and a maximum voltage of 48 V DC. The tether can also be guided up and down with the Standard Capacity Tether Deployment System
- The entire system weighs only 75 lb and can pack conveniently into one watertight, portable and rugged 1620 Pelican Case with a custom interior