This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The VideoRay Explorer X3 Economy ROV System (PAL) is an affordable, remote-operated, underwater, video camera system for professionals on a budget. The system uses an advanced control panel, connected by up to 115 m of modular tether, to operate a submersible ROV rigged with a video camera and lighting system. Underwater, the submersible is propelled by a single vertical and dual horizontal brushed thrusters, which enable a max speed of 1.9 knots. The Explorer X3 ROV reaches its dive limit at 250'.
Inside the submersible's central pressure hull, a forward facing camera is securely fixed. Optimized for underwater use, the wide angle camera features 570 lines of resolution, ample horizontal/diagonal viewing angles, and a sufficient vertical field of view afforded by 160° of variable tilt. In darker water, the camera's vision is ameliorated by dual 20W, high-efficiency halogen lights. With each light mounted on an opposite side of the central hull, the camera receives balanced illumination from the left and right. Adjustments to each halogen's incandescence can be made from the surface via the Explorer X3's Variable Intensity Control.
The link between the Explorer X3 ROV and its surface control panel is a modular (sectional) Tether System. Operators can choose to use the neutrally buoyant, 40 m Professional Performance Tether or opt to attach the Negatively Buoyant 75 m Extension Tether section, which brings the total tether length to an impressive 115 m. Both tether sections are 8.0 mm in diameter, rent tolerant up to 1000 lb, and act as an avenue for control signals and power voltage - maxing out at 48 V DC.
From the surface, an operator uses the Explorer X3's control panel to guide the submersible ROV. The control panel features an integrated joystick, depth control knob and 7" color display. It can manually adjust camera focus, change camera tilt, program depth settings and set lighting intensity. Besides the main 7" monitor, the control panel also has an array of LCD displays for checking depth, compass heading and the cumulative hour meter. As an added convenience, the entire Explorer X3 Economy ROV System packs into one portable, hard-shell, watertight and durable Pelican 1620 Case with a custom interior.
- The Explorer X3 Economy ROV System is outfitted with a submersible apparatus that houses a camera/lighting rig and is equipped to reach depths up to 250'. The remote-operated underwater vehicle has a propulsion system that enables a max speed of 1.9 knots. It has dual horizontal brushed thrusters with 50 mm propellers and one vertical brushed thruster with a 45 mm propeller for accurate handling via the control panel
- ROV Camera
- The ROV's camera is a forward facing wide angle camera optimized for underwater use. It is fixed inside the pressure hull, has 570 lines of resolution and is formatted for NTSC systems. The camera is capable of 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles, as well as a variable tilt with an 160° vertical field of view
- ROV Lighting System
- The ROV lighting system, which increases the camera's vision underwater, is comprised of two 20W high-efficiency halogen lamps. Each one is mounted on opposing sides of the camera's hull. The Explorer X3 System incorporates Variable Intensity Control, which allows the operators to adjust the light settings
- Control Panel
- The control panel features a 7" color display, integrated joystick and depth control knob. It can adjust camera tilt, focus the camera manually, operate auto depth, and control lighting intensity. There are also mini-LCD displays for depth, compass heading and cumulative hour meter
- Modular Tether
- With a length of 40 m, the neutrally buoyant Professional Performance Tether is ideal for operating in currents or winds. This system also comes with a 75 m Extension Tether, which is negatively buoyant and can extend the total length of the Plug and Play Modular Tether to 115 m. Both tethers have a breaking strength of 1000 lb, 8.0 mm diameter and a maximum voltage of 48 V DC
- The entire system weighs only 75 lb and can pack conveniently into one watertight, portable and rugged 1620 Pelican Case with a custom interior