This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The VideoRay Explorer Economy ROV System (PAL) is an affordable remote-operated underwater video camera system for professionals on a budget. The system uses an advanced control panel, connected by 40 m tether, to operate a submersible ROV rigged with a video camera and lighting system. Underwater, the submersible is propelled by a single vertical and dual horizontal brushed thrusters, which enable a max speed of 1.9 knots. The Explorer ROV reaches its dive limit at 250'.
Inside the submersible's central pressure hull, a forward facing camera is securely fixed. Optimized for underwater use, the wide angle camera features 570 lines of resolution, ample horizontal/diagonal viewing angles, and a sufficient vertical field of view afforded by 160° of variable tilt. In darker water, the camera's vision is ameliorated by dual 20W, high-efficiency halogen lights. With each light mounted on an opposite side of the central hull, the camera receives balanced illumination from the left and right. Adjustments to each halogen's incandescence can be made from the surface via the Explorer's Variable Intensity Control.
The link between the submersible ROV and its surface control panel is a neutrally buoyant, 40 m plug and play performance tether. 8 mm in diameter and rent tolerant up to 1000 lb, the Explorer tether acts as an avenue for communication, control, and voltage delivery up to 48 V of direct current. From the surface, an operator uses the Explorer's control panel to guide the ROV. Featuring an integrated joystick, depth control knob and 7" color display, the control panel remotely facilitates manual camera focus, camera tilt, depth settings and lighting adjustments. Besides the main 7" video display, the control panel has an array of LCD displays for checking depth, compass heading and the cumulative hour meter. As an added convenience after each project, the entire Explorer Economy ROV System packs into one portable, hard-shell, watertight and durable Pelican case.
- The Explorer Economy ROV System is outfitted with a submersible apparatus that houses a camera/lighting rig and is equipped to reach depths up to 250'. The remote-operated underwater vehicle has a propulsion system that enables a max speed of 1.9 knots. It has dual horizontal brushed thrusters with 50 mm propellers and one vertical brushed thruster with a 45 mm propeller for accurate handling via the control panel
- ROV Camera
- The ROV's camera is a forward facing wide angle camera optimized for underwater use. It is fixed inside the pressure hull, has 570 lines of resolution and is formatted for PAL systems. The camera is capable of 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles, as well as a variable tilt with an 160° vertical field of view
- ROV Lighting System
- The ROV lighting system, which increases the camera's vision underwater, is comprised of two 20W high-efficiency halogen lamps. Each one is mounted on opposing sides of the camera's hull. The Explorer System incorporates Variable Intensity Control, which allows the operators to adjust the light settings
- Control Panel
- Featuring a 7" color display, integrated joystick and depth control knob, the control panel can operate camera tilt, camera manual focus, auto depth, and lighting adjustments. There are also mini-LCD displays for depth, compass heading and cumulative hour meter
- With an 8 mm diameter and 40 m total length, the neutrally buoyant Plug and Play tether is built for professional performance. It has a breaking strength of 1000 lb and a maximum voltage of 48 V DC
- The entire system weighs only 70 lb and can pack into one watertight, portable and rugged Pelican case