The VideoRay Pro 3E Professional ROV System (PAL) is a remote-operated underwater video system designed for the rigors of commercial use. The setup consists of an advanced Pro 3 control panel, 40 m Professional Performance Tether and a Pro 3 submersible rigged with front and rear video cameras, integrated sensors and lighting equipment. The Pro 3 submersible has two brushed thrusters for horizontal propulsion and one for vertical propulsion. With a maximum speed of 2.6 knots and a 500' depth rating, the Pro 3 submersible was designed for demanding commercial applications.
There are front and rear cameras mounted inside the submersible's central pressure hull. Optimized for underwater use, the forward facing color camera has 570 lines of resolution, 160° of variable tilt and a wide angle lens that provides 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles. The camera's wider field of vision is ameliorated by dual 20W, high-efficiency halogen lamps. Each lamp's incandescence can be adjusted with the Variable Intensity Control. The rear facing, high-resolution black and white camera has a narrower field of vision, which is illuminated by a high-intensity LED array.
The link between the Pro 3 submersible and its surface control panel is a 40 m Professional Performance Tether. It has an 8.0 mm diameter, neutral buoyancy and is wrapped in bright yellow polyurethane that's rent tolerant up to 1000 lb. The tether acts as an avenue for control signals and power voltage - maxing out at 48 V DC. From the surface, the tether facilitates remote operation of the connected Pro 3 submersible.
The Pro 3 control panel features an integrated joystick and depth control knob. It can manually adjust camera focus, change camera tilt, program depth settings and set lighting intensity. The Pro 3 control panel has mini-LCD displays for reading depth, compass heading and the cumulative hour meter. It also has a Third Axis Joystick Control that can be selected for various operations. As an added convenience, the entire Pro 3E Professional ROV System packs into one portable, hard-shell, watertight and durable Pelican 1620 Case with a custom interior.
- ROV Submersible
- The Pro 3E Professional ROV System is outfitted with a Pro 3 submersible apparatus that houses a front camera, rear camera and lighting rig. It's equipped to reach depths up to 500' and has a max speed of 2.6 knots. The remote-operated underwater vehicle has a propulsion system that features dual horizontal brushed thrusters with 60 mm propellers and a single vertical brushed thruster with a 45 mm propeller. The Pro 3 submersible is attached to a tether, which facilitates remote operation via the Pro 3 control panel
- ROV Front Camera
- The Pro 3 submersible's front camera is a forward facing wide angle camera optimized for underwater use. It is fixed inside the pressure hull, has 570 lines of resolution and is formatted for PAL systems. The camera is capable of 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles, as well as a variable tilt with a 160° vertical field of view
- ROV Rear Camera
- The Pro 3 submersible's rear camera is a rear facing high-resolution black and white camera. It's fixed in a single position and has no tilt options. The camera features 430 lines of resolution and an array of high-intensity LEDs that illuminate the camera's viewing area
- ROV Lighting System
- The ROV lighting system, which increases the front camera's vision underwater, is comprised of two 20W high-efficiency halogen lamps. Each one is mounted on opposing sides of the camera's hull. The Pro 3E System also incorporates Variable Intensity Control, which allows the operators to adjust each lamp's incandescence. The rear camera benefits from a high-intensity LED array, which illuminates the rear viewing area
- Pro 3 Control Panel
- The Pro 3E System features a Pro 3 control panel equipped with integrated joystick and depth control knob with Auto Depth Feature. It can adjust camera tilt, focus the camera manually, operate auto depth, and control lighting intensity. It also has Third Axis Joystick Control with selectable operation for depth, camera tilt, lights and manipulator (if available). For added convenience, there are mini-LCD displays for reading depth, compass heading and the cumulative hour meter as well. For a main display, the Pro 3 control panel requires a user supplied display, but VideoRay does sell a 15" optional display separately
- Professional Performance Tether
- With an 8.0 mm diameter, neutral buoyancy and 40 m total length, the lightweight and thin Plug and Play Professional Performance Tether is ideal for operating in currents or winds. It has a breaking strength of 1000 lb and a maximum voltage allowance of 48 V DC
- Pelican Case
- The entire system weighs only 90 lb and can pack conveniently into one watertight, portable and rugged 1620 Pelican Case with a custom interior