The VideoRay Pro 3 XE Professional ROV System (NTSC) is a remote-operated underwater video system designed for demanding commercial applications. The system consists of an advanced Pro 3 control panel, 100 m Standard Tether and a Pro 3 submersible rigged with front and rear video cameras, integrated sensors and lighting equipment. The Pro 3 submersible has two brushed thrusters for horizontal propulsion and one for vertical propulsion. With a maximum speed of 2.6 knots and a 500' depth rating, the Pro 3 submersible was designed to meet the challenges of professional commercial applications.
There are front and rear cameras mounted inside the submersible's central pressure hull. Optimized for underwater use, the forward facing color camera has 570 lines of resolution, 160° of variable tilt and a wide angle lens that provides 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles. In darker water, the camera's field of vision is ameliorated by dual 20W, high-efficiency halogen lamps. Conveniently, each lamp's incandescence can be adjusted with the Variable Intensity Control. The rear facing, high-resolution black and white camera has 430 lines of resolution and a narrower field of vision, which is accommodated by a high-intensity LED array that provides a ring of illumination.
The link between the Pro 3 submersible and its surface control panel is a 100 m Standard Tether, which is pulled in and out via the Standard Capacity Tether Deployment System. The Standard Tether has a 10 mm diameter, neutral buoyancy and is wrapped in bright yellow polyurethane that's rent tolerant up to 1000 lb. It acts as an avenue for commands, controls, video signals and power voltage - maxing out at 48 V DC. It is the only line of contact and connection between the surface-operated control panel and a remote-operated underwater vehicle. This demands strength and reliability from every VideoRay tether.
The Pro 3 control panel features an impressive 15" color display monitor, integrated joystick and depth control knob, which can manually adjust camera focus, change camera tilt, program depth settings and change lighting intensity. The Pro 3 control panel also has mini-LCD displays for reading depth, compass heading and the cumulative hour meter. There is a Third Axis Joystick Control that can be selected for various operations and an analog composite video output as well. The control panel comes in a self-containing, watertight case and as an added convenience, the entire Pro 3S Professional ROV System packs into one portable, hard-shell, watertight and durable Pelican 1620 Case with a custom interior.
- ROV Submersible
- The Pro 3 XE Professional ROV System is outfitted with a Pro 3 submersible, which has an integrated front camera, rear camera, sensors and lighting rig. It's designed to reach depths up to 500' and achieve a max speed of 2.6 knots. The Pro 3 remote-operated underwater vehicle has a propulsion system that features dual horizontal brushed thrusters with 60 mm propellers and a single vertical brushed thruster with a 45 mm propeller. During its underwater investigations and dives, the Pro 3 submersible remains annexed by tether to the Pro 3 control panel, which affords remote-operation from the surface
- ROV Front Camera
- The Pro 3 submersible's front camera is a forward facing wide angle color video camera optimized for underwater use. It is fixed inside the pressure hull, has 570 lines of resolution and is formatted for NTSC systems. The camera is capable of 90° horizontal and 140° diagonal viewing angles, as well as a variable tilt with an 160° vertical field of view
- ROV Rear Camera
- The Pro 3 submersible's rear camera is a rear facing, high-resolution black and white camera. It's fixed in a single position and has no tilt options. The camera features 430 lines of resolution and an array of high-intensity LEDs that illuminate the camera's viewing area
- ROV Lighting System
- The Pro 3 ROV lighting system employs two forward facing, 20W high-efficiency halogen lamps. Analogous to a typical car's headlights, each high-intensity lamp is mounted on an opposing side of the central pressure hull. This effulgently reveals the front camera's surroundings, encompassing the full range of its horizontal/diagonal viewing angles and degree of variable tilt. The incandescence of each halogen lamp can also be adjusted via the Pro 3 control panel's Variable Intensity Control. The rear facing camera, with its narrower field of vision, requires only a circular array of high-intensity LEDs to illuminate its viewing area
- Pro 3 Control Panel
- The Pro 3 XE Professional ROV System features a Pro 3 control panel equipped with an impressive 15" integrated color display monitor, joystick, depth control knob and convenient Auto Depth Feature. It can adjust camera tilt, focus the camera manually, operate auto depth and control lighting intensity. It has Third Axis Joystick Control with selectable operation for depth, camera tilt, lights and manipulator (if available). Plus, for added convenience, there are mini-LCD displays for reading depth, compass heading and the cumulative hour meter as well. The Pro 3 control panel also has video overlay with toggle On/Off date, time, depth and heading. There is an analog composite video output for viewing the camera content from a different monitor or for recording the submersible's live video feed
- Standard Tether
- With a 10 mm diameter, neutral buoyancy and 100 m (330') total length, the Plug and Play Standard Tether is ideal for commercial applications performed in strong currents and high-wind. It's wrapped in bright yellow polyurethane, has a breaking strength of 1000 lb and a maximum voltage allowance of 48 V DC. The Standard Tether is dropped in and pulled out of the water with the Standard Capacity Tether Deployment System, which features a slip ring and hand crank enclosed in the 1620 Pelican Case
- 1620 Pelican Case
- The entire VideoRay Pro 3S Professional ROV System weighs a manageable 100 lb and can pack conveniently and completely into a watertight, portable and rugged 1620 Pelican Case with a custom interior