The Icy Dock MB882SP-1S-2B 2.5" to 3.5" SSD & SATA Hard Drive Converter is a handy, simple-to-use tool for converting your SATA 2.5" hard disk or solid state drive into a 3.5"-sized drive. The converter is lightweight and extremely simple to use. All you do is open the cover, properly insert your 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD, insert the converter into your computer's 3.5" bay, and connect to it with the appropriate cable. Because the converter is a standard size and utilizes universal mounting holes for most common PC casings, you can install it into a 3.5" bay for a desktop computer, workstation, or server case without needing screws or tools. As you install the converter, you can utilize the viewing window above the SATA connection to ensure that your drive is properly connected. Once your drive is connected and running, the built-in air-flow vents as well as the viewing window in the coverter work to dissipate heat within your computer. All told, the converter is great for using your 2.5" SATA SSD or HDD in a desktop, workstation, or server computer.
- Converts your 2.5" SATA I/II hard disk drive or solid state drive to a 3.5" SATA hard drive. That way, you can insert the converter into a 3.5" SATA drive bay and use your 2.5" SATA I/II drive with your desktop or workstation computer
- Viewing slots are placed over the SATA connection area which allow you to verify that your hard disk drive or solid state drive has made a secure connection
- The converter utilizes the viewing slots as airflow vents and has other vents for extra cooling with your SSD or HDD as it runs in your computer
- The converter is light-weight and requires no screws or tools for holding a 2.5" SATA solid state or hard disk drive. It also requires no screws or tools for installing the converter itself into a computer's 3.5" SATA bay
- The simplicity of this converter makes it easy to use among both the tech-savvy and the less tech-inclined
- Compatible with most 3.5" hard disk drive enclosures and with the Mac Pro