The SRW208-K9-NA 300 Series 8 Port 10/100 Small Business Switch from Cisco may be geared towards small businesses, but it comes with the necessary hardware and features to suit the needs of almost any network configuration. This 300 Series Switch comes complete with Secure Desktop Connectivity, Secure Wireless Connectivity, Unified Communication, and Highly Secure Guest Connectivity.
Stay connected and productive with Secure Desktop Connectivity. Network uptime is essential in any business to keep the data flowing. This 300 Series Switch simply and securely connects employees with the tools they need to get things done such as printers, servers, and other devices they use. Increased network performance allows for seamless transfer of data to keep employees productive.
Expand your productivity from the desk with Secure Wireless Connectivity available on this 300 Series Switch. Gain piece of mind knowing your network will remain secure and only authorized personnel will have access to sensitive information and applications. The integrated Gigabit Ethernet connectivity ensures the necessary bandwidth is available to get the most from your mobile productivity.
Take advantage of performance and advanced traffic-handling intelligence necessary to deliver all communications and data with Unified Communications from your 300 Series Switch. With easy integration and full compatibility with a variety of other products this switching solution will surely assimilate into your current network configuration.
With Highly Secure Guest Connectivity supported on this 300 Series Switch you can rest assured your network will remain secure while extending network access to non-employees. This type of configuration is especially convenient in settings such as hotels, and office waiting rooms. Utilize the easy-to-configure security and traffic segmentation capabilities to isolate vital business traffic from guest services keeping each portion of the network private.
- High Performance and Reliability
- As with all Cisco 300 Series Switches, this 8 Port Cisco Switch has been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from a Cisco switch. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switch solution, this 8 Port Cisco Switch also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as voice. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications.
- Fast, Easy Setup and Configuration
The 8 Port Cisco Switch is designed to be easy to use and manage by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security, and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. Cisco also provides a Cisco FindIT Network Discovery Utility. This utility that works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products.
These switches use Cisco Discovery Protocol as well as Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP-MED) to automatically detect all the devices connected to your network. Once detected, the switch automatically configures itself for the appropriate connectivity while instructing the devices to use appropriate voice VLAN or QoS parameters. For more advanced capabilities and hands-on control, the switches support Smartport roles which configure the eports with specific levels of Security, QoS, and availability according to the type of connected device, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. The Auto Smartports feature applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartport roles and applies it automatically to the port based on the devices discovered over CDP or LLDP-MED. This facilitates zero touch deployments. Although the 8 Port Cisco Switch is designed to be deployed without using a command-line interface (CLI), Cisco Textview is available for those who prefer to use text-based configuration. Together, these features reduce the time your staff must devote to network deployment, management, and troubleshooting. 1
- Strong Security
•Embedded security to protect management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypt network communications
•Extensive access control lists (ACLs) to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks
•Guest virtual LANs (VLANs) to let you provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating critical business services from guest traffic
•Support for advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network
•Time based ACLs and Port Operation restrict access to the network during predesignated times, such as business hours.
•Security mechanisms such as, Bridge Protocol Data Unit (BPDU) Guard and broadcast/multicast/unknown unicast storm control, protect the network from invalid configurations or malicious intent.
•Secure Core Technology (SCT) helps ensure that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received.
•Advanced defense mechanisms, including Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), IP Source Guard, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping, detect and block deliberate network attacks. Combinations of these protocols are also referred to as IPMB (IP-MAC-port binding)
•DOS (denial-of-service) attack prevention maximizes network uptime in the presence of an attack
•Protection of management sessions using Radius, TACACS+ and local database authentication as well as secure management sessions over SSL, SSH, and SNMPv3.
- IP Telephony Support
- Cisco 300 Series Switches include embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and 2011-2012 Cisco and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This document is Cisco Public Information. Page 4 of 16 Data Sheet help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
- Network-Wide Automatic Voice Deployment
- Using a combination of CDP, LLDP-MED, Auto Smartports, and VSDP (Voice Services Discovery Protocol - a unique patent-pending Cisco protocol), customers can deploy an end-to-end voice network dynamically. The switches in the network automatically converge around a single voice VLAN and QoS parameters and then propagate them out to the phones on the ports where they are discovered. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
- Advanced Network Management Capabilities
•Static routing/Layer 3 switching between VLANs: This capability allows you to segment your
network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application
performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switches and dedicate your
router to external traffic and security, helping your network run more efficiently.
•IPv6 support: As the IP network addressing scheme evolves to accommodate more devices, you can make sure that your network is ready. The Cisco 300 Series provides native support for IPv6, the newest version of the Internet Protocol, as well as the previous IPv4 standard. As a result, you will be able to move up to the next generation of networking applications and operating systems without an extensive equipment upgrade.
•Dual image support: With the ability to maintain dual images of your switches, you can perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline and without worrying about an outage during an upgrade.
•Dual Configuration files support: Allows configuring the device, validating that it is configured correctly and then saving this configuration to become effective after reboot. Additionally, a mirror configuration file, providing automatic back-up of the latest stable configuration file maximizes network uptime.
•Remote management: Using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), you can set up and manage all switches and other Cisco devices in your network remotely, instead of having to directly connect to them.
•Additional management options: The switches can be fully managed using the Web GUI or using a full command-line interface (CLI).
- Optimal Energy Efficiency
•The latest application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), using low-power 65-nanometer
technology (these chipsets allow for lower power consumption and thinner, more efficient designs)
•Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
•Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
•Embedded intelligence to adjust signal strength based on cable length
•Fanless design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation
•LEDs can be turned off to conserve power
- Expansion Ports
- The Cisco 300 Series provides more ports per Gigabit Ethernet switch than traditional switch models, giving you more flexibility to connect and empower your business. Gigabit Ethernet models feature 28- and 52-port switches, versus traditional devices that offer 20 or 44 ports with four shared ports giving you more value. The Cisco 300 Series also offers mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switches, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment, and to easily connect switches on different floors or across the business.
- Piece of Mind and Investment Protection
•Cisco limited lifetime warranty with next business day advance replacement (where available)
•Cisco Small Business Investment Protection program, which lets you upgrade your Cisco 300 Series to another Cisco Small Business or Cisco Catalyst switch in the future and receive credit for the value of the switch (available only in the United States and Canada)
•Rigorous testing to help ensure easy integration and compatibility with other Cisco networking and communications products, including the complete Cisco Small Business portfolio