The Designjet Z2100 from HP provides economical in-house printing. The 3 monochrome system (photo black, matte black, and light black) produce high-quality black and white prints every time. The printer contains an embedded spectrophotometer mounted directly on the printer carriage to automate media profiling and calibrate the printer. Its 1056 nozzles per color and 6 pl ink drop size ensure even the most minute detail can be seen.
The high resolution is ideal for graphics, posters, banners, tradeshow displays, commercial photography, technical presentations, blueprints as well as maps and satellite images. The printer can handle prints up to 44 inches wide and is compatible with many of HP's specialty papers, including self-adhesive, vinyl, polypropylene, and canvas. Using the rear-sheet feeder, the printer is able to handle rigid media as well as rolls (you can print up to a 300' image). Because it uses large 130 ml cartridges, in-house printing is much more affordable.
Impressive Prints That Last
- Output Spectacular High-Quality Color Photos, Renderings And Presentations
- HP 70 Vivera pigment inks with an 8-ink printing system achieve consistently outstanding image quality. The precisely placed 4 and 6 pl ink drops, along with the 2400 dpi resolution, highlight even the most intricate details.
- Water-Resistant Prints Resist Fading
- Your photos, posters, presentations and maps will be water-resistant and will resist fading for over 200 years on a range of basic and specialty media.
- Three-Black Ink Set
- Ensure true neutral tones and rich, deep blacks. You can even print on matte or glossy paper without having to waste time and ink exchanging cartridges.
- Expect Superior And Consistent Color From Print To Print
- The first-ever embedded spectrophotometer with i1 color technology enables the printer to automatically generate custom ICC profiles for your preferred paper. It then calibrates the printer to deliver print-to-print and printer-to-printer repeatability.
- Present Projects On Media That Supports Your Vision
- Achieve consistent colors on a wide range of papers. Choose from over 30 new HP papers and other readily available media.
- Fast Color Stability Covers A Broad Gamut
- Produce stable proofs in less than 5 minutes and with over 80% PANTONE coverage, including full compliance with prepress standards.
True Print Confidence
- Flawless Output Every Time
- To ensure dependable and consistent image quality every time, the drop-ejection performance of every nozzle is periodically and automatically tested with an Optical Drop Detector.
- Eliminate Trial And Error With Real-Time Layout And Orientation Preview
- Take the guesswork out of margins, save time and materials.
- Spend Less Time Waiting
- The new and powerful internal processor uses 128 MB of standard memory and a 40 GB hard disk so that productivity is high, even for very complex prints. And thanks to HP Vivera pigment inks, the output dries instantly and can be used as soon as it has been printed.
- HP Services Included
- A number of complimentary services are provided to assist you during installation and throughout your printing workflow. For enhanced assistance, purchase from the extensive portfolio of service options available.
- HP Vivera Pigment Ink
- Outstanding image quality and fade resistance on a wide variety of photo and fine art media, along with water resistance on a range of HP creative and specialty media. HP's proprietary Electrostatic Encapsulation Technology optimizes the pigment chemistry and ink properties for stability and performance to ensure a broad color gamut, print permanence, excellent gloss uniformity and reliable, accurate and consistent printing.
- Embedded Spectrophotometer With i1 Color Technology From X-Rite
- Automates media profiling. Allows users to automatically generate custom RGB ICC profiles for their preferred media and provides accurate measurements for printer calibration that delivers print-to-print and printer-to-printer color consistency. Also, with the optional HP AdvancedProfiling Solution, you can edit and modify existing profiles and create CMYK profiles.
- Extensive Media Options
- HP offers a portfolio of 9 photo papers, 10 digital fine art papers, 3 proofing papers, 9 bond and coated papers and over 30 other HP media. All have been tested with HP 70 Vivera pigment inks to deliver consistent, museum-quality prints that withstand the demands of handling, display and storage expected of professional prints.
High-Quality Creative Prints, Prepress Proofs And Technical Images
- Print consistent and accurate colors across a wide range of media, thanks to automated printer calibration and ICC profiling. Produce high-quality black-and-white proofs with the 8 HP Vivera pigment inks, including three blacks, that give excellent gray neutrality.
- Print full-color, long-lasting posters, banners and displays on a wide range of media.
- Create persuasive marketing collateral, point-of-sales material and tradeshow displays with photo-quality images and consistent, accurate colors.
- Make an impact by presenting concepts in large format and with accurate colors right from the start of your project. The printer covers over 80% of PANTONE colors.
- Get consistent colors, print after print and from one printer to another, thanks to automated printer calibration.
- Produce impressive renderings and presentation panels with superior quality, consistency and durability.
- Three-black ink allows for greater realism in renderings with metal or stone.
- Images are smudge-resistant to minimize damage from repeated handling.
- Create neutral black and white prints. No need to waste ink when changing between matte and glossy papers: all three blacks are always on board.
- Produce consistent and accurate color photo proofs, thanks to the printer's built-in calibration technology and broad color gamut.
- Print on almost any media-the printer creates media profiles for you and you can use thick stock of up to 500 g/m².
- Maps and satellite images show more detail and gradations thanks to small drop size and precise placement.
- Output resists fading and is water-resistant, so maps can be used in the field.
- Colors are consistent, so subtle differences can be seen and studied over time.