The dbx ZonePRO 641m 6x4 Digital Zone Processor can distribute up to six audio sources across 4 mono output zones. The included software will allow you to adapt the input/outputs quickly to fit your needs. The ZonePRO 641m will be at its best in an environment with separate rooms with differing sound needs, like a bar/restaurant.
The ZonePRO 641m's pre-configured architecture keeps the input/output addresses fixed and simple. It has four balanced Euroblock mic/line inputs with gain control, and two unbalanced, mono-summed RCA input pairs. Its four zones output from balanced, line-level Euroblock connectors.
Once the analog cables are connected, your audio system can be controlled and fine-tuned in the ZonePRO Designer software from your Windows-based PC. The output zones all have individual tone controls, including AutoWarmth and one DSP insert, for optimally tuning the speaker system to the room. To make the most of each source, the ZonePRO 641m also has independent EQ and two selectable DSP inserts for each of the 6 inputs.
The ZonePRO Designer software can be set and forgot, or it can be programmed with "Scene" changes that take effect automatically throughout the day. If you're using the ZonePRO 641m in a restaurant that gets busier as the night goes on, an increased volume and bass response could be set to engage daily at 10pm. A subwoofer could be attached to its own zone output, and set to only be in use between 11pm and 1am.
In addition to programmed changes, the ZonePRO 641m can be controlled manually with dbx ZC-series remote controls. Wallmounted within output zones, ZC controls vary from a simple volume control to a rotary input-source selector. The ZonePRO 641m supports up to 12 remote controls.
The Link Bus allows the ZonePRO 641m's inputs to be routed to another ZonePRO product to double its output zones. Up to 3 ZonePRO processors can be daisy-chained.
- ZonePRO Designer Software
- Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, the ZonePRO Designer software provides a wide range of options for configuring the 641m's inputs and outputs. Software inserts can apply DSP effects processing to sources and zones, and be automatically set to change on a daily schedule.
- DSP effects processing
- Corrective and dynamics processing can be applied individually to each of the input sources and output zones through the ZonePRO Designer software. Effects include AutoWarmth, automatic gain control, ambient noise compensation, notch filter, compressor, gate, de-esser, and advanced feedback suppression.
- User friendly pre-configured input/output architecture
- The analog cabling of the dbx ZonePRO 641m is straight-forward and uncomplicated, making your inputs/outputs much easier to recognize and control from within the software.
- Supports ZC-series remote controls
- The ZC-series remote controls can toggle volume, input source, and Scenes. They extend from the 641m by CAT 5 Ethernet cable, and can be mounted in an output zone up to 1,000 feet (304.8 m) away.
- PC and third-party connectivity
- The 1260m can connect to a Windows-based PC or a third-party controller by either Ethernet or RS-232 serial port.