The iPad Dock for the iPad 2 and new iPad 3 from Apple is a desktop dock, compatible with the iPad 2 and 3. The dock makes it easy to sync and charge your iPad. It connects to a computer using the USB dock cable that is included with the iPad, or to a wall outlet via the AC adapter that ships with the iPad.
Any adapters or cables that can be used directly with the iPad 2 and 3 via its dock connector can also be used via the dock. If you use the Digital AV Adapter, VGA Adapter, or the Component/Composite AV Cable to connect the iPad to your TV, you can connect that cable to the dock and the iPad's video output signal will pass through to your TV.
- Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your iPad 2 and 3 to sync and charge its battery
- Connect the dock to an electrical outlet using the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter (included with your iPad 2 and 3) to charge the iPad battery
- Use the dock to hold your iPad 2 and 3 at the perfect angle to compose email and notes using a Bluetooth keyboard or to watch your favorite videos or photo slideshows
- Connect the dock to a TV or video projector using a compatible accessory such as the Apple Digital AV Adapter, the Apple VGA Adapter, or the Apple Component or Composite AV Cable. 1
- Connect the dock to a stereo or speakers using an AV cable or a stereo audio cable to play music from your iPad 2 or 3 2