The Optoma TX330 Portable XGA Projector packs a lot of features into a surprisingly affordable package. Its 2,200 lumens of projection power combined with its 2,000:1 contrast ratio means it will provide a rich, vivid image in medium to large rooms even with some ambient light to contend with.
The TX330's star attraction must surely be its Texas Instruments DMD DLP chip. This 0.55" chip processes not just the three primary colors that all other chips work on, red, green and blue, but also their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. As a result colors are so clear and lifelike that TI calls its latest version of the technology BrilliantColor. DLP chips with BrilliantColor increase the brightness of colors by 50 percent vs. DLP chips without it. An added advantage of this chip is that it requires no filter that has to be periodically cleaned and replaced, an operation that can be risky in ceiling mounted installations.
Another key attraction of this projector is its versatility and compatibility. At 2.4 lb, not only is it lighter than a lot of novels, but its power supply can auto switch between inputs of 100 - 240 Volts AC at 50/60Hz, so it's an idea travel mate. It's also compatible with about 40 PC and Mac resolution and frequency combinations so it's ideal for laptop-based business presentations.
Even if the business world is the furthest thing from your mind you're in luck. The TX330 is compatible with video signals in the NTSC, PAL and SECAM standards. And it can do 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition. Just plug it into a cable, satellite box or TV with a video out jack and you're good to go.
There's a lot to like in the TX330 so you'll want to secure your investment. There's a control panel lock, password protection and a security bar through which you can lace a security cable (available separately).
If you're looking for projection power, rich, vivid color and versatility in a very affordable package, the TX330 may be just the projector you're looking for.
- At only 2.4 lb, this projector is likely to do some traveling.
- Wide Connectivity
- Connections include HDMI, VGA, S-Video, Composite Video and USB.
- Full Function Remote
- Ideal presentation remote with laser pointer and page-advance features.
- Long Lamp Life
- The TX330 offers low maintenance and a long lamp life up to 5,000 hours in Standard mode.
- 2,200 Lumens and a 2,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The combination of 2,200 lumens of light output and a 2,000:1 contrast ratio is rare in a projector so affordable. It means that even if you don't watch in movie-theater darkness you'll enjoy a bright, vivid image.
- DMD DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Those bright, vivid images are courtesy of TI's Digital Micromirror Device Digital Light Processer. That's a long name for a tiny but brilliant chip. In fact TI calls the chip's output BrilliantColor. This technology processes not just the primary colors of red, green and blue but also their complements, cyan, magenta and yellow. BrilliantColor not only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well. A bonus of DLP chips is that they don't require filters that have to be periodically cleaned and replaced thus saving you time and money.
- World-Wide Compatibility and HDTV
- This projector can accept from 100 - 240 volts at 50/60 Hz and it can accept and project television standards that range from the North American standard NTSC to PAL and SECAM. It also can accept and display these STDV and HDTV standards: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p.