The ART DUALXDirect is a 2-channel, active direct box. It converts instrument-, line-, or speaker-level sources into isolated, balanced, low-impedance signals for connection to mixers, audio interfaces, and other devices with balanced inputs. The DUALXDirect can handle high input levels, and offers a flat and wide frequency response. It performs well in a variety of situations, including when used over long cable runs in high-noise environments.
The inputs are on 1/4"/XLR combo jacks, and the outputs on balanced XLR connectors. Each channel has a ground lift switch for reducing hum and ground-loop noise, and an input attenuator switch that pads the signal coming in by 30 dB. A pair of 1/4" Thru jacks let you simultaneously pass your source signal through to an amp or other device.
The DUALXDirect runs on the phantom power of the device connected to its output. If those aren't available, a 9V battery (included) supplies the juice.
- Fully active design
- Phantom voltage or 9V battery powered
- Converts high-impedance balanced/unbalanced inputs into 600Ω balanced outputs
- Switchable input attenuation (0, -30 dB)
- Switchable ground lift
- 1/4" TRS / XLR combo connector inputs
- Balanced outputs on XLR connectors
- Rugged extruded aluminum case