Lounge Lizard EP-3 from Applied Acoustic Systems is an electric piano virtual instrument that delivers authentic Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds, in both common plug-in formats as well as a standalone application. Over 100 presets are initially available, but players can explore the sounds further with real-time controls over hammer hardness, tine color and decay, damper noise, and pickup placement.
The core of the Lounge Lizard engine is based around the components of a real electric piano, the hammer, the fork, the damper and the pickup. All these elements have been meticulously modeled to accurately reproduce the tone and dynamics of electric pianos. The engine also includes an EQ to further shape the tone, and an adjustable stereo tremolo, effects that were built-in with specific piano models.
Although the software contains less than 20 editing parameters, non keyboard tones can also be created, including organs, bells, chimes, leads, all available in a separate folder. Additionally, Lounge Lizard is equipped with a configurable multi-effect section which includes chorus, flanger, vibrato, digital delay, ping pong and tape delay, phaser, auto wah, wah wah, notch filter, distortion, and reverb.
The software is also suitable for live performance with its small memory footprint, instant preset recalls, and stability. Furthermore, the huge library of Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds, as well as the selection of effects makes it easy to build a set list and get the perfect tone for each song. In additional to standard tuning features, the Keyboard module allows for loading Scala micro-tuning files to play in the temperament of choice.
- All the classic electric piano sounds - Rhodes, Wurlitzer, and more
- Entirely based on physical modeling for outstanding sound quality
- Audio bit-depth and sample rates up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 32-bit floating point internal processing
- Top quality preset library - vintage to modern
- Fast preset loading time
- Integrated browser and locate function for easy navigation and organization of presets
- Intuitive and ergonomic user interface for preset creation
- Import/Export functions for easy sharing of presets
- Unlimited undo/redo capability
- Real-time calculation of sound - no samples
- Super smooth dynamics - no velocity layers
- Hands-free operation via custom MIDI programs
- Full audio and MIDI hardware support
- Simultaneous operation of multiple MIDI ports
- User defined MIDI maps with MIDI Learn function
- MIDI Clock, tap, and host tempo synchronization
- Dynamic voice allocation and CPU overhead protection
- Small memory footprint
- Standalone operation - no host application required