The MR5mk2 85W 5.25" Active 2-Way Studio Monitor (Single) from Mackie provides professional-quality sound at an incredibly affordable price. This nearfield monitor is ideal for stereo or surround sound applications for professional or project studios. The rugged cabinet houses a 5.25" low-distortion woofer and a waveguide-loaded 1" soft dome tweeter to provide a full frequency response. Class A/B amplifiers provide a total of 85W of power for a strong performance.
A precisely-molded minimum-diffraction baffle allows sound to travel smoothly in a wide dispersion pattern. This provides a wide sweet spot for accurate mixing. The MDF cabinet features a custom-tuned rear bass port designed to deliver strong bass without vent noise, distortion, or pressure.
The rear panel of the monitor offers XLR, TRS, and RCA connectors so you can connect to virtually any system you encounter. High and low frequency filters and an input level control are also provided for fine-tuning your sound to match your environment. The speaker is also magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors.
- Ideal for stereo or surround monitoring and mixing in smaller spaces
- Precise Matching
- The monitor has precision tuning for compatibility with other MRmk2 units
- Low-Distortion Woofer
- The ultra low-distortion 5.25" woofer has a long voice coil winding length that allows high output with controlled low frequency performance. The optimally sized inverted dust cap stiffens the cone for smooth response, while the hyperbolic curved cone profile reduces severe cone resonances
- Soft Dome Tweeter
- The high-output 1" soft dome tweeter has a neodymium magnet that minimizes distortion and handles fast transients in dynamic source material. Ferrofluid cooling protects against power compression, while acoustic absorption backing material provides smooth, reflection-free performance
- Class A/B Amplification
- The class A/B amplifiers provide a combined power of 85W for a strong, clear performance and also feature active protection circuits
- Custom Waveguide
- The optimally sized custom waveguide provides seamless transition of high and low frequencies for a smooth response
- Molded Baffle
- The minimum-diffraction molded baffle offers a wide dispersion pattern for excellent imaging and depth
- Acoustic Controls
- High and low frequency controls allow you to adjust the monitor to match your acoustic space
- Multiple Inputs
- XLR, TRS, and RCA inputs are provided on the rear panel for versatility, allowing you to connect to a wide variety of sound devices and systems
- Tuned Port
- The sturdy MDF cabinet has a custom-tuned rear bass port for excellent low frequency response
- Magnetic shielding allows safe use near video monitors