The Peavey ADI-C Active Direct Interface with Compressor gives you more functionality than a conventional direct box. Its built-in compressor and noise gate make it possible to smooth out dynamics and reduce noise before the signal reaches the mixer.
The ADI-C has a Local Amplifier (pass-through) for connecting your instrument to your amplifier when you're plugged into the DI box. What makes the ADI-C's implementation of this feature unique is that you can opt to send processed signal to the Local Amplifier output, as well as to the main XLR out.
The ADI-C's is powered from the phantom power of the mixer or other device that's connected to its XLR output. If no phantom power is available, power is provided via an optional, 15VDC adapter.
- Active high-impedance input
- Soft-knee compressor
- Soft-knee noise gate
- Accepts instrument or preamplifier output
- Local amplifier output for pass-through to an amp. Can be switched between processed and unprocessed
- Balanced mic-level output
- Ground lift switch
- Phantom power or external 15 VDC adapter (not included)
- Rugged construction