The MPA-201 from Miktek is a dual-channel, Class A microphone preamplifier that delivers a pristine signal path with a linear response. The preamp can deliver 70dB of gain (good for ribbon microphones) and features variable input impedance, phase switches, a pre channel high-pass filter, and individually switchable +48V phantom power.
Large analog VU meter can be switched from input to output, plus an LED peak output meter make it easy to set good levels. The preamplifier features discrete transistors, and 6 custom Miktek transformers which produce sound quality reminiscent of vintage equipment.
Front panel direct inputs on each channel feature a dedicated transformer and can be used to record instruments like guitar, bass and keyboards. A unique "2x" feature on the DI routes the output of the line transformer into the input of the microphone input transformer, providing 4 different impedance loaded tone contours.
- Class A, discreet transistor vintage design
- Linear response 1.0dB down at 10Hz and 1.0dB down at 100kHz
- Custom designed transformers
- 48V phantom power
- Variable high-pass filter
- Relay controlled phase switch
- Smooth switch selects different output loading for "racked" and "in-console" sound
- Impedance selector allows for 300, 600, or 1.2kΩ load
- 1/4" Direct Input with dedicated input transformer and "2X" routing with 4 impedance loaded tone contours
- Large backlit VU meters switchable to display input and output levels
- Balanced XLR outputs
- Heavy duty metal construction featuring steel chassis and milled aluminum front panel in a silver finish