The PM5 Studio Quality Handheld Condenser Mic is part of Miktek's Performance Series of stage microphones, which is designed to bring studio quality mics into the live-sound environment. Featuring a cardioid polar pattern, the mic shares the same capsule, transformer, and electronics as Miktek's C5 small-diaphragm studio condenser. The PM5 is equipped with an MK5a, 0.5" cardioid capsule with 5-micron Mylar evaporated-gold diaphragm; a custom Miktek transformer by AMI; and hand-selected transistors.
Miktek designed the PM5 with a highly linear frequency response, and the mic's reproduction features rich lows, present midrange, and airy highs. It has a wide frequency range—20Hz to 20KHz—allowing it to capture the subtle nuances of live vocals. It's equally adept in the studio, where it shines as an instrument mic or overhead.
It's equipped with a multistage windscreen that reduces plosive pops. The mic is solidly built, with a steel grill and die-cast aluminum body.
- MK5a 0.5-inch cardioid capsule with 5-micron Mylar, evaporated-gold diaphragm
- Mic tone provides rich lows, sweet mids, and airy highs
- The PM5 contains the same capsule, transformer, and electronics as Miktek's C5 small-diaphragm condenser.
- Supercardioid polar pattern helps reduce feedback and onstage bleed
- AMI T5 Transformer
- Hand-selected transistors
- Protective case and clip included