The Photogenic PL625DR 250W/s PowerLight Monolight offers speed, power and control, a wide choice of accessories and intuitive operation backed by impressive specs at a very reasonable price.
What good is a light if it keeps you in the dark? The PL625DR keeps you fully informed of your power levels via its large highly readable digital display. Power settings are adjustable in 1/10 or ½ stop increments across 6 stops. The modeling light can be set to Proportional to let you pre-visualize your final shot when using multiple lights. Other settings include Full On, OFF and manual control of the modeling light output.
The PL625DR recycles to full power in a lightning-fast 1.2 seconds with short flash durations that help you stop every gesture, an attribute which is extremely valuable when working with kinetic subjects like dancers or athletes.
Convenience features include a test button, optical slave and integral handle. The PL625DR comes with a 7.5" reflector and is compatible with a wide range of optional accessories including grids, snoots, parabolic reflectors, wireless IR triggering and control units.
- Six Stop Power Range
- Power settings Power levels are displayed in easy-to-read LED digits allowing settings from 7.8W/s to 250W/s in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments
- Fast Recycling
- The PL625DR recycles to full power in only 1.25 seconds to catch even the most fleeting gestures
- Modeling Light
- The PL625DR can take up to 250W quartz modeling lamps with independent power control that are adjustable from full to 1/32 power in 1/10 or 1/2 stop increments. It can be set to Proportional, to pre-visualize the lighting effects, to Manual adjustment or Full On or Off
- Low Trigger Voltage
- Digital cameras can be used with Photogenic PowerLights without fear of damage to the camera's electronics
- Built In Slave
- Highly sensitive, switchable optical slave for synchronization with other flashes
- User Replaceable Flashtube
- No tools are required to replace this "plug & play" flashtube
- Ready Indication
- Dims the modeling light while charging the capacitors. When the capacitors are at 100%, the modeling lamp re-lights
- Auto Dump Function
- When reducing the power output, excess flash power in the capacitors is released before exposure to insure consistent performance
- Fan Cooled
- A low noise, high performance fan keeps the flash head's electronics cool while lengthening the flash tube's and the modeling light's lives
- Safety Features
- The PL625DR incorporates surge protection to handle power spikes and internal thermal protection which monitors heat generated during intense use
- System Compatibility
- The PL625DR is compatible with all Photogenic Quick-Change light shaping accessories