The Metz 44 AF-1 mecablitz Digital Flash for Olympus / Panasonic / Leica Camera provides advanced flash technology in a slim design and at an affordable price. This flash offers straightforward performance with all controls intuitively arranged on the back panel. With a maximum guide number 44 for ISO 100/21° and 105mm, this flash delivers the power needed in various lighting conditions in TTL mode.
Among its controls is the ability to set 4 partial light levels according to a particular lighting scenario. The photographer also has the ability, depending on the camera, to synchronize to the first or second shutter curtain for greater flexibility in the lighting process.
This flash also offers a slave mode which, depending on the camera, makes it possible to perform wireless TTL flash operation. Other flash enhancing controls include a motor zoom function (24-105mm), a fully swiveling reflector with flip-out reflector card, and an integrated wide-angle diffuser (12mm). A USB port enables firmware updates for future compatibility. The flash is compatible with select Leica cameras. It is not supported by the Leica M.
- Max. guide number 44 for ISO 100/21° and 105 mm
- Vertical (+90°) and horizontal (300°) swivel reflector
- Simple operating concept
- Motor zoom for 24 - 105 mm illumination
- Integrated wide-angle diffuser for 12mm illumination
- Flip-out reflector card
- Modeling light - permanent light for checking the image (subject to camera)
- Integrated auto focus flash metering
- Flash readiness indicator and correct exposure display on the unit and camera (subject to camera)
- Automatic unit shut-off
Standard Flash Modes
- Four thirds TTL flash mode
- Manual flash mode with 4 partial lighting levels
- Slave mode: remote mode in camera-specific mode, exposure via built-in mastering camera flash or an additional external flash unit (master mode)
- First and second shutter curtain synchronization (subject to camera)
- Manual flash exposure correction for TTL flash mode (subject to camera)
- Automatic fill-in flash
- Ready for the future - Firmware update via integrated USB socket