The 500Mbps Powerline AV Adapter Kit from TRENDnet is a set of two Powerline AV Ethernet adapters. They can be used to expand the coverage of your home network by utilizing the electrical wires in your home to transmit data. They deliver higher performance than Wi-Fi networks -- up to 500Mbps transfer rates -- and do not suffer from the interference, drop outs, dead spots, or security risks that are associated with wireless networking.
The kit includes two adapters, which make it easy to network two rooms in your home. Plug one into your router and another into a device or hub that you'd like to connect to your network. Up to 16 total adapters can be used in one home. A sync button connects the adapters with the press of a single button, and you'll be happy to know that your data is protected via 128-bit AES encryption.
Note! Maximum of 16 adapters (nodes) recommended for streaming video across your network. Additional adapters may decrease performance.
- Includes two TPL-401E adapters
- High speed building-wide networking over an existing electrical system
- 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-MDIX Gigabit port
- Connect one 500Mbps Powerline AV Adapter to the Internet and then plug in up to 15 additional 500Mbps Powerline AV adapters for instant building-wide connectivity 1
- One-touch Sync button networks adapters quickly
- Share data intensive files, play games, download music, and more at ultra fast data transfer rates
- Advanced 128-bit AES encryption to ensure total network security
- Power Saving mode reduces electrical consumption by 80%
- Neighbor network support for up to 4 overlapping networks
- Compatible with both 120V and 240V electrical systems
- Tri-color LED indicator
- Network signal transmits up to 984 feet (300 meters)
- Auto QoS support through traffic classification and multiple priority queuing
- Configuration utility compatible with Windows 7, Vista, and XP (32/64-bit) operating systems