Take your home theater experience to the next level with the flagship Panasonic DMP-BDT310 Full HD 3D Blu-ray Disc Player (Black). Feature-rich and built to wow, this showpiece is more than a Blu-ray player. While it pairs seamlessly with any HDTV, it also features Skype video calling, online streaming, support for interactive movie extras, and it even lets you kick back and use your iPhone as a remote control.
Of course, you can rely on the DMP-BDT310 to deliver stunning high resolution images in full HD 1080p as well as 3D content to create an immersive, wraparound experience in your own living room. Whether it's the latest Blockbuster hit on Blu-ray or a classic film on DVD, this disc player is capable of providing rich, vivid images fine tuned with Panasonic's PHL processing. And to give you the full cinematic experience, it supports several high resolution audio formats from Dolby and DTS so you can enjoy a detailed sound field whether you have a surround sound system or just two speakers.
But, so much of the features that sweeten the deal with this disc player happen when you connect it to your home internet connection (no adapter needed -- it has built-in Wi-Fi). You can transform your living room into a gateway for entertainment from the internet with online streaming, which opens up a gamut of additional content right at your fingertips. With Panasonic's VIERA Cast, you can access content from Netflix, CinemaNow, VUDU and more (some services are subscription-based). You can also take advantage of movie extras like exclusive filmmaker chats, quizzes and previews since this disc player supports BD Live -- and with BONUSVIEW, you can use the picture-in-picture display to watch entertainment simultaneously, with one displayed in a smaller window.
However, one of the DMP-BDT310's biggest boasts is that it has twin HDMI outputs for audio and video. This means you can hook it up to a legacy A/V receiver and still enjoy 3D video with HD audio soundtracks simultaneously, even if your receiver lacks HDMI 1.4 ports. And with a futuristic touch-free sensor, a simple wave of your hand over the disc player opens and closes the disc tray, without touching any buttons!
- Cinema-Quality 3D
- Step into the 3D world. This disc player lets you watch 3D movies at home with full HD 3D playback so you can experience immersive, wraparound visuals that leap off the screen to draw you into your favorite Blu-ray movies. Full HD 1080p means 1,080 vertical lines of resolution (1920 x 1080) for detailed, vivid imagery. All you need is a 3D HDTV or home theater projector or HDTV, 3D glasses and 3D pass through cable to start enjoying the wonder of theater-quality 3D entertainment in your own home. Since it outputs at 24 frames per second (fps) you can enjoy a truly cinematic picture quality, since this is the native frame rate most films were shot and mastered in.
- PHL Video Processing
- Advanced 2D image technology accumulated over the years at the Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory (PHL) has also been applied to 3D image playback, allowing high quality images to approach original film quality. Lifelike 3D images with dramatic leaping effects and enhanced depth, luster and texture are beautifully reproduced.
- 3D Effect Controller
- The 3D Effect Controller lets you moderate the leaping effects of 3D images. It also lets you adjust the amount of depth, so you can view expansive images and enjoy movies with exactly the kind of 3D effects you want.
- 2D to 3D Conversion
- If you don't have a collection of 3D movies yet, don't worry. The 2D-3D conversion makes it possible to convert images from DVDs and Blu-ray discs into 3D with natural depth perception. So you can watch your prized DVD movie collection in 3D with real-life depth, and upgrade your movie collection to Blu-ray gradually as your budget allows.
- Twin HDMI Output for Audio & Video
- The DMP-BDT310 is outfitted with a front and rear HDMI output for audio and video, so that you can still enjoy 3D content with a non-3D audio system. Hook it up to a legacy A/V receiver without HDMI 1.4 ports and you can still enjoy 3D video and HD audio soundtracks simultaneously for the full theater experience in 3D.
- P4HD -- Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD
- To get the best HD images from a Blu-ray disc, you need a player that renders high quality progressive images, expresses motion smoothly, and draws sharp diagonal lines. The DMP-BD310's P4HD processes more than 15 billion pixels per second and applies the optimum processing to every pixel in the video data on the disc. The result is images with exceptional resolution.
- VIERA CAST Online Streaming
- If you connect your DMP-BDT310 to your home internet connection, then the fun begins. You can take advantage of online streaming services like CinemaNow, Netflix, VUDU, YouTube, and Picasa web albums to widen your entertainment options and search across these services for movies and other additional content (some may require a subscription).
- BD Live (Profile 2.0)
- When you're connected to the internet, you can also go online to download BD Live extras with Blu-ray discs that support this function. These often include interactive quizzes and games, previews and filmmaker chats related to the movie you are watching.
- Skype Video Calls
- Turn your HDTV into a Skype enabled TV to keep in touch with friends and family or make conference calls. The Skype button on the remote takes you directly to the Skype menu screen so you can access it even while you're watching a TV program or movie. While watching a TV program or DVD, a ringtone from the player tells you that you have a call, and it even rings in standby mode.
- Skype Messages
- Record an original message onto an SD Memory Card with at least 512 MB of storage capacity, and set it as your answering voice message. The message will respond automatically when you receive a phone call while you're away. Callers can also record messages for you onto the SD Memory Card, so you can confirm the messages when you return home.
- iPhone Remote Capability
- Instead of digging through your pile of remotes on the coffee table, now you can sit back and make system adjustments from the couch -- with your iPhone. So in between taking phone calls and texting friends, you can control your entertainment at the touch of a button without even reaching for the remote that's included with the disc player. All you have to do is download the free app from the Apple app store and you're ready to enjoy streamlined, simplified control.
- Dual USB Ports
- This disc player features two high-speed USB 2.0 ports (one in the front, one in the rear) so you can play your MP3, JPEG, MKV and even MPO (3D still images) from a USB memory drive. The front panel port means you don't have to reach to the back of the unit for instant connectivity.
- High Fidelity Audio
- The DMP-BDT310 has built-in decoding of several Dolby and DTS audio codecs including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. These two formats offer high resolution multi-channel surround sound that is bit-for-bit the equivalent of the master recording. So if you have a surround setup, you can immerse yourself in a detailed sound field when watching your favorite DVD or Blu-ray movies.
- Touch-Free Sensor
- Your new disc player includes a motion sensor on the top panel, so the disc tray can be opened or closed by simply passing your hand over the sensor. If your hands are full or your living room is dark and you can't see the buttons clearly, this control feature is handy.
- DLNA Certified
- This disc player is DLNA certified for home networking. You can easily play videos, still pictures, and music from your DLNA certified PC or network attached storage (NAS). This player is compatible with Windows 7 to offer flexible compatibility with your home computer.
- VIERA Link (HDMI CEC)
- VIERA Link allows you to enjoy the convenience of one remote control to operate and control all your compatible home entertainment devices. It utilizes the HDMI CEC standard to easily turn on and control your compatible HDMI-connected components without having to use multiple remote controls.
- Slim Design
- While this Blu-ray disc player offers premium audio and video processing, its looks match its performance capabilities. Its slim design, black finish and textured wave design on its top ensure it will integrate seamlessly into your home theater setup.